Connection error - verizon.net mobile email
mcregan

I just got a LG Vortex and set up to receive my verizon.net email.  I have verified that incoming and outgoing server settings are correct.  I was not able to receive any new incoming emails but downloaded tons of old email. When I would hit load new messages button i would keep receiving "connection error".  On a whim, I logged into my email via verizon webmail and cleaned out the inbox, spam folder, etc......and suddenly started receiving emails on my Vortex......so I thought that was the fix, but it happened again today and had to log in to verizon webmail again before my phone started receiving emails again.....why is it doing this? Do I have to first log in to verizon.webmail  in order for emails to come thru on my mobile phone? Defeats the purpose of having a mobile email account........Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Connection error - verizon.net mobile email
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I've never heard of that happening before.

If you post your settings here we can verify whether they are correct, but other than that you might have better luck on the wireless boards.

0 Likes
Re: Connection error - verizon.net mobile email
mcregan

I spent an hour on the phone with verizon wireless tech support, they were stumped......and recommended that I contact the verizon.net people. Which I haven't done yet, figured I would try here first.

I can send email from my verizon email on my mobile and also have a gmail account on the phone that sends and receives email so I know it is not a connection problem with my phone.  It just will not download any new messages unless I first log in to verizon webmail....and I can see on my phones main screen that I have for example :5 new emails, but when I open email they are not there and I get a connection error message when I hit load new messages button, but as soon as i opened verizon webmail on my desktop they started showing up on my mobile....strange right?

These are the settings on my mobile for verizon email:

Incoming setting:

(using for an example as my email address, thesmiths@verizon.net)

Username: thesmiths

password: XXXXXXXX

POP3 Server:  incoming.verizon.net

Port: 110

Security type: none

Outgoing settings:

outgoing.verizon.net

Port: 587

Security type: none

Required sign in is enabled.

username: thesmiths

password: XXXXXX