Corporate SMTP server on FIOS
RobAF

I have recently switched from using a web access program for e-mail exclusively to Mac Mail.  When I'm at work or anywhere but my house, it works fine.  Wehn I'm at home, I can receive e-mail from my company's POP server but i cannot send e-mail.  I have seen that people have solved the problem by using the designated 465 port with the Verizon SMTP server but I cannot figure out how to connect and make my coroprate server relate to the VZ server.  I spent an hour and a half with a VZ support person on the phone yesterday to no avail.  I can't imagine that other people have not solved this problem and that VZ customer service can't help.  Any ideas?  If I don't get this solved soon, I'm headed back to Comcast.  This is totally ridiculous.

0 Likes
Re: Corporate SMTP server on FIOS
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Is there not another port besides 25 that your work account could use? You can switch the outbound server to Verizon's if you have to, but it would probably work out better to just use an alternate port for your work server. Talk to the IT people in charge of the server and see if there's an alternate.

0 Likes
Re: Corporate SMTP server on FIOS
Hubrisnxs
Legend

That's right, the 465 and 587 numbers are recommendations,  but it depends on what your work is configured to use.

0 Likes