Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Corrupted Verizon/AOL email address

TomJ55
Contributor
Contributor

Corrupted Verizon/AOL email address

Message 1 of 4
(1,249 Views)

Last year, the Verizon/AOL email service began creating duplicate copies of incoming emails (from any outside sender) and tries to deliver the duplicate to a corrupted version of my address (domain="@cmailm.com" rather than "@verizon.net").  The original emails are delivered normally, but the senders get a MAILER-DAEMON "delivery failure" bounce-back notice and think their emails aren't getting thru.

3 REPLIES 3
Cang_Household
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Corrupted Verizon/AOL email address

Message 2 of 4
(1,240 Views)

AOL is now part of YAHOO! which was largely sold to Apollo Global Management last year.

TomJ55
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(1,179 Views)

Thank you for your reply, but does that explain the duplicated incoming emails & corrupted domain?

This is more than a mild annoyance; I receive emails from medical offices, other professionals, etc, who are understandably confused about the apparent delivery failures of their emails to me.

Cang_Household
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(1,155 Views)

I would recommend you to switch your email to a more reliable provider, e.g. Gmail and Outlook. Verizon.net emails are really now obsolete and are supposed to be deleted if you did not convert it to an AOL email properly during the conversion window.

You might need to contact the current AOL support to get further insights into your issue.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title