Deleting VZ Primary Email
Saki1

I have had too many issues with VZ, including email.  

I have decided to take my email to another provider.  

Is there a way to delete my primary email with Verizon.

I can delete sub-accounts but I dont see any way to delete the primary xyz@verizon.net account?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Deleting VZ Primary Email
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

saki,

you can forward your verizon account to the other provider. you cannot delete the primary account

0 Likes
Re: Deleting VZ Primary Email - Not Possible
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Saki wrote:

I have had too many issues with VZ, including email. ... decided to take my email to another provider ... Is there a way to delete my primary email with Verizon ... ? 

As the previous writer has indicated, you cannot delete the primary email account without closing the account.  This particular query has been asked and answered many times in the forums as a simple search will show.  The primary account is automatically generated when a new VZ account is first established.   That's the system and it cannot be changed..

You can of course simply abandon the account.  If mail from this account is annoying, don't download it.  This obvious route is probably not worth mentioning, but then these days one never knows.

0 Likes
Saki1

I am not canceling my VZ service just dont want VZ email.  They are antiquated POP and the amount of junk VZ sends me is outrageous even after selecting "remove me from all marketing material".

I dont want to leave the account active nor forward from that account.

I just want it deleted.

Anyone have suggestions?

0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

saki,

you can always use the filter option if the from contains verizon then choose to delete

fyi verizon does not recommend this lol,,,,if you forward it to another provider i am sure you will not see verizon's tash

0 Likes
Saki1

I have tried this before and it does not always work, surprise.

Why can I not delete the account?  Seems silly.

What if the account where compromised and needed to be deleted?

Guess Verizon wants to keep you "hooked"

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>saki: I am not canceling my VZ service just dont want VZ email.  They are antiquated POP and the amount of junk VZ sends me is outrageous even after selecting "remove me from all marketing material".

I understand your desire to delete the VZ email account but, as others have noted, if you've got VZ broadband service, you get the email account and there is no way to get rid of it. If you've used the email account, it's now out there subject to being spammed.

I have never used my VZ email account, never gave the adddress to anyone and my VZ contact email address is not my VZ supplied email address but another email address not connected in any way to VZ. My VZ email account does get spam every now and again (at most over the past few years that has amounted to maybe 10 emails) along with the occasional legitimate email from VZ. I check my VZ account maybe once every month or so just to tidy it up if need be.

I think your only practical approach is to stop using the email address, check it periodically to delete whatever email accumulates and over a period of time you will probably see a reduction in any incoming mail (spam). How long that takes is anyone's guess but probably at least 8-9 (or more) months.

Hope that helps...

0 Likes
Saki1
Can VZ change my primary email address say from name@verizon.net to name1.cerizon.net? This way VZ will have a primary address and it won't be out there?
0 Likes
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3
If From Contains verizon delete 
If From Contains facebookmail.com delete 
If From Contains .net delete 
If From Contains .co delete 
If From Contains .info delete 
my filter setup it works folks 
0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>saki: Can VZ change my primary email address say from name@verizon.net to name1.cerizon.net? This way VZ will have a primary address and it won't be out there?

If "cerizon.net" is not a typo, the answer is no. The domain "cerizon.net", if it exists is more than likely not owned by Verizon and there is just no way Verizon would ever do anything like that.

If you meant to type "verizon.net" for the second address, what would be the point of doing that--changing "name" to "name1"? Are you thinking that for any email arriving addressed to "name@verizon.net" that you would not have to see it because now the email address associated with your Verizon account is "name1.verizon.net"?

My guess is that the only way you might be able to change the email address associated with your Verizon broadband account would be if you closed your existing broadband account--as in you no longer had Verizon as your broadband provider--and then signed up for Verizon broadband again making a point to ask for a specific email name and I don't know if you want to go to that trouble. I can't remember whether I had a choice as to the Verizon email name I have but if memory serves, I don't think I did and you could end up with the same email name because they would be using the same algorithm to generate the name.

If you did do that or somehow got Verizon to change the email address for your Verizon account, you would also need to make sure you never used it--never sent an email using the address, never posted on a forum using that address and did not use that address as the Verizon point of contact email address for your Verizon account.

If you just stop using your current Verizon email address--don't send any emails using that address, don't post online using that address, etc.--and you change the Verizon point of contact email address to some other non-verizon email address, eventually your current Verizon email address won't have any arriving email. You may need to check the current account periodically and delete any mail but after a period of time, there will be no mail to delete and while that may be annoying to have to do, in the larger scheme of things it's perhaps the easiet way to do things.

Just because you have an email address, doesn't mean you have to use it. As I noted, I've never used my Verizon email address. I just ignore it.