Does Verizon make money off spam?
jlhjlh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can not understand why there is no spam filter on Verizon email.  Does anyone know if spammers pay Verizon to get access to our accounts?  Every morning I am greeted by 15 new spam.

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon make money off spam?
jonjones1
Legend

@jlhjlh wrote:

I can not understand why there is no spam filter on Verizon email.  Does anyone know if spammers pay Verizon to get access to our accounts?  Every morning I am greeted by 15 new spam.

Actually Verizon is switching over to AOL for your email. AOL has great spam blocking. You could also use free email like Outlook/Hotmail, GMail or Yahoo Mail 

all of which have superior blocking abilities.

verizon does not sell your email address. It is us the users that actually cause the greapping of our address. You sign up for Walmart, or Home Improvement sites, or any company today and they tell you what they do with your email and personal information. Another great source of emails being sent is when you have signed up for a credit card, or use a credit monitor service and the list goes on.

in the old days I was a rabid spam hater, I got rid of many such jerks but today they are sending as hexadecimal and garbage strings to mask the sending of their drek.

however I go after the spamvertized domains in their spam. Those domains cannot be masked because they want people to buy from them. Never click unsubscribe in any email. This makes your address valuable as they sell it to other scumbag spammers. Be proactive not reactive.

0 Likes