E-MAILING PICTURES
twan60
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the Verizon FIOS package but we are having problems viewing pictures.The problems is we cannot view them it lets you have an attempt to download or save but when you press either of them it tells you the picture has been deleted or move anyone have any help.We did call a tech help and they were a bit fooled by it as well and could not fix it either .

In short we cannot view pictures sent to us by phone.but any where else on the computer if we save a picture off a camera not a problem.

Thanks for any help a little frustrated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E-MAILING PICTURES
Justin46
Legend

@twan60 wrote:

I am on widows using internet explorer,I do not know what rich or basic  interface means.However I did let a tech sign on thru a remote she down loaded fire fox to see if she could do it that way also with the same results.there is a ticket numer on file for this

I had my daughter-in-law send me a picture attached to an email from her Blackberry and have viewed that picture and saved that picture succesfully using the Verizon webmail interface in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. So it can work, and at this point I have no idea why you are having problems.

Verizon webmail offers two interfaces, rich and basic. Rich is aimed at high (or at least higher) speed internet users while basic is primarily aimed at low(er) speed users. You choose which one you want to use in the General Settings area of My Settings in the webmail interface. I used the Rich interface on IE and successfully used both the rich and basic interfaces in Firefox during my testing.

I intended to provide several screen shots showing the steps I went through, but apparently something is broken here in the Forums and at least for now I can't do that. When (or maybe if) Verizon fixes the Forum issue I will try to remember to come back and post the screen shots.

I really don't know where to suggest you go to get help here. The web interface works fine for me, and I don't see any easy way to pin down what is causing your problem, you may need to get some onsite technical help (not from Verizon but from some local computer service company). On second thought though, have you tried using IE with no extensions or ad-ons? Maybe you have some option set or ad-on installed that might be interferring with this function.

Wish I could be of more help.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

musicseawater
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, you want to SAVE the photos, after which a window will open suggesting that you save them in your Documents Folder, click OKAY.

After they're saved, click Start>> My Documents>> My Pictures and click.

You're photo folder will open, allowing you to view the flicks you just saved.

Good luck!  Smiley Wink

twan60
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for answering.

But as I said it does not let you save it tells you the item has been moved or deleted. It does not even show you the picture so why would you save something before you even viewed it??Try sending yourself a picture and open it or save it neither works

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@twan60 wrote:

Thanks for answering.

But as I said it does not let you save it tells you the item has been moved or deleted. It does not even show you the picture so why would you save something before you even viewed it??Try sending yourself a picture and open it or save it neither works

Works for me on Windows with Firefox using the Rich interface. I created an email, attached a picture, sent it to myself, and was able to both open and save the picture just fine. Maybe it is an environment thing: are you using the Rich or Basic web interface, what browser are you using, are you on Windows or MAC, etc. Give us more details and maybe somebody can help.

Keller, TX 76248

twan60
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on widows using internet explorer,I do not know what rich or basic  interface means.However I did let a tech sign on thru a remote she down loaded fire fox to see if she could do it that way also with the same results.there is a ticket numer on file for this

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@twan60 wrote:

I had my daughter-in-law send me a picture attached to an email from her Blackberry and have viewed that picture and saved that picture succesfully using the Verizon webmail interface in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. So it can work, and at this point I have no idea why you are having problems.

Verizon webmail offers two interfaces, rich and basic. Rich is aimed at high (or at least higher) speed internet users while basic is primarily aimed at low(er) speed users. You choose which one you want to use in the General Settings area of My Settings in the webmail interface. I used the Rich interface on IE and successfully used both the rich and basic interfaces in Firefox during my testing.

I intended to provide several screen shots showing the steps I went through, but apparently something is broken here in the Forums and at least for now I can't do that. When (or maybe if) Verizon fixes the Forum issue I will try to remember to come back and post the screen shots.

I really don't know where to suggest you go to get help here. The web interface works fine for me, and I don't see any easy way to pin down what is causing your problem, you may need to get some onsite technical help (not from Verizon but from some local computer service company). On second thought though, have you tried using IE with no extensions or ad-ons? Maybe you have some option set or ad-on installed that might be interferring with this function.

Keller, TX 76248

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Justin wrote:

Keller, TX 76248

Correct, as shown in this sample screen shot..

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

OK, it looks like someone at the Forums has fixed the image posting issue I had last night, so here is what I see when I receive an email with an attached picture, and how I view and/or save the picture (I have blacked out the email addresses for privacy).

Here is the email (that I saved in a directory called Save so it didn't accidentally get lost):

It shows one attachment, which I have circled. I clicked on the circled link and got this:

So I then clicked on the link here and the following window poped up:

I first selected the "open with" option and the picture displayed just fine in the Windows Photo Viewer, I then chose the "save" option and the picture was saved just fine.

I hope this helps some. I wish I had an answer for you, but does what you see remotely resemble what I have shown?

Keller, TX 76248

twan60
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your help I switch to rich text and had to go on the classic view and it worked I now can get pictures off the e-mail but in the classic view only not in the new view and that for me is good enough,I at least can get the picture. NOT too concerned that it does not work in new view unless Verizon gets rid of classic view..

Again thanks for you help

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Great! Glad to hear it is now working.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes