internet email acct suspended - can't get in
kat291

I have found many people with this same issue through my online research. Please resolve ASAP!!

0 Likes
Re: internet email acct suspended - can't get in
vetman2

Can't access my Verizon email.  Response says email account is locked because of excessive trys to enter.  Same email account since Verizon FIOS was installed in the neighborhood.  Something is screwed up.

0 Likes
Re: EMAIL ACCOUNT LOCKED: Home Phone Not A Verizon Landline
ibloridee
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem still hasn't been resolved.  Has anyone else had any luck?

0 Likes
Locked out of email -- can't reset because have no Verizon landline
kdl6769

I have been locked out and cannot access my Verizon.net email.  I am a legacy customer with only a Verizon email address (which I kept through keepmyemail.com when I canceled my Verizon landline service).  I have no Verizon landline telephone service or account number.  I cannot reset on-line without that information.  I have spent hours with various customer service people to no avail -- they say that they need a home number or an account number, and that there is no other verification method.  I would be grateful for any suggestions as to whom to speak to or how to solve this so that I can access my email online.

0 Likes
Re: Email account constantly being locked due to many unsuccessful login attempts???????
scottydog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Verizon e center and was advised this is an internal problem with Verizon on their end. I waited about an hour and a half, 1.5 hours, before the system put a person on the phone.  All they have to do is reset your Verizon password and then you have to create a completely different one. I have several sub-accounts and all of them were affected.

It is interesting this kind a thing doesn't happen to the free email services out there such as Gmail. I never have any issues with them. Only thing is, they prefer to use IMAP email technology although you can change the setting to POP3, Gmail still won't work like Verizon.net POP3 email does with client software such as Outlook or Windows Live Mail (Essentials).  

Sure would be nice if Verizon.net email kept up with the competition regarding receiving and sending speeds. Now that they have Fios speeds, Verizon email is limited to about 15 mbps or so while Gmail works at full line speeds, in my case 58/65 mbps, while using outlook.

Verizon.net email took a dive around Sep 2012 and has never fully recovered to function as it always used to since around year 1999.  Seems as though the upper management doesn't feel it's as important as it was.  Funny though, I never received a call, mail or email asking if Verizon.net email was still important.  After 15 years of being a consistent ISP customer, what do you think Verizon? Used to to fully satisfied but since around 2012, email service is truly poor when compared to the past.

Re: Email account constantly being locked due to many unsuccessful login attempts???????
Peganmn
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know what verizon, I have no guarantees that the "Verizon's Forum Community Manager" who keeps asking for my account phone number in order to "research" my problem actually is who he or she says he or she is.  But you want me to hand over my phone number to a total stranger through a private message system that up until two days ago I didn't even know existed on the forums???

If I had another viable option in this tiny town for phone and internet I'd be taking it right now I'm so disgusted with Verizon's level of service.

0 Likes
ibloridee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to resolve the issue by calling

I was only on hold for 15 minutes Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
carolynd11
Contributor - Level 1

im having the same problem.  I just got my 3rd temp password and right now It's working, but my cell phone which is verizon wireless is not getting any email since yesterday and outlook express which is connected to my verizon email no email since yesterday  How many more times is this going to happen.  

Verizons service is the worst I have ever dealt with.  Every time they do an upgrade we suffer.   

Fix your stuff verizon or soon you will have no customers.  All of your service is declining.  My FIOS high speed internet is no longer so high speed either and your customer service is non existant 

0 Likes
dc9mm

SAME ISSUE FOR ME TOO. . I just got my first smart phone. So pretty sure its the cause BUT it shouldnt be. It has the correct password and has no problem getting my emails. At least for now. BUT I already reset my password just the other day while on the phone with Verizon support.

Now I have been on hold as I type this message for about 45 minutes. Help is only a moment away!!!!!  My call is very impiortant to tehm. Yea right.

I REFUSE TO RESET MY PASSOWR AGAIN. I wont be able to remember it if i have to keep reseting it day after day.

0 Likes
dc9mm

Just got off the phone with support. I was told they are aware of the problem and have had many complaints. Supposed to be fixed in another day. Yea I will beleive it when its done.

She goes if my account is locked just call and have it turned back on. SURE WAIT another 50 minutes on hold every day to get my email turned on, sounds great.

0 Likes