Email Address
Skeeter750

AOL is telling me that my verizon email "account" is not in their database and thus will be disconnected in May and want me to pay to have them "fix it". I've had my email address since 1992... anyone else being held hostage? Does anyone know a number at AOL that will get me to the right person to validate my email address?

0 Likes
Re: Email Address
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Skeeter750,

Is this a Verizon/Yahoo email account?  If not, have you been prompted to migrate to AOL when you signed into your Verizon email account?  Please let us know what issue caused you to contact AOL about the status of your email account.

0 Likes
Skeeter750

It's a verizon email account and has been from the beginning of verizon.net. I've been receiving emails from Verizon to go to the verizon webmail site and register the address for the upcoming AOL/Verizon conversion, but when I do, it tells me that there's no record of the "my email address" and to call AOL support. (Funny thing is my address is working fine, I can send and receive messages from my computer, phone, etc for now anyways.) So I called the AOL help line and told them what was going on, the tech told me that there is no record of my address in their database, but if I would "buy" their AOL/email support for $120 they would fix the problem! This is just not right, either verizon or AOL should step up to the plate and fix this before the deadline of May 18th cutoff. I really don't want to lose my email address that I've had for over 25 years.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure you got the migration notice?  Not the message that they plan to shutdown the Verizon Email service.  They notified most people in February about the planned shutdown, but the migrations are being done over several months.

You DO NOt register your email for the upcoming email conversion.  There are some Spoofers posting such messages.  I recently got one, but have been on AOL servers for over a year (Frontier FIOS in Florida).

0 Likes
Re: Email Address, UPDATE: now turned off!
Skeeter750

As stated in my previous post that my email would be turned off, it happened yesterday, May 18th, I now have no "verizon.net" email service... Back to my first post, does anyone have a number that I can call? At his point is it an AOL issue? 

0 Likes
totallybears

Did you go through Verizon to set up the AOL address? That is the first step, once it is completed it usually takes you to your new webmail box. Good luck!

0 Likes
Skeeter750

I tried numerious times, but received a message that my account was locked out and needed to call AOL support to unlock my account. (Even though I could send and receive emails fine, at the time via the verizon server ) 

This goes back to my original post, I called AOL support. AOL support said for $120 they would release my account and fix my email address... that's bull... I've had my email address since verizon started as verizon.net, in fact it started as a gte.net email account. 

I'm not to sure I'll ever get it back at point, it's a shame... an even harder pill to swollow is, I retired from Verizon!

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Skeeter750,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes