email -almost no 'real estate' on screen
bswamp
Enthusiast - Level 3

new screen HORRIBLE.. Please give me back the top half of the screen.  It's all wasted.  PLEASE tell me how to spread the list of emails to the top of the screen.  You don't need half the screen to say We're Verizon.  I'm already a customer..  Just place the search box in the currently wasted spaced marked 'what's new'.  Please help me reclaim the space on my screen!  Tell me how!

Please allow Auto-hide on the wasted one inch of screen art the bottom, too!

help help

Re: email -almost no 'real estate' on screen
sarap2
Enthusiast - Level 1

i asked the same question this morning.  since noone is bombarding us with answers, i did a search.  one solution suggested was to pull on a down arrow in the middle of the horizontal bar at the bottom of the message list.  since i don't have such an arrow, i went on to suggestion number 2.  poke F11 on your keyboard and voila!  big screen area!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here's a suggetion.

Don't use webmail. 

Not sure what browser you use but I see lots of space with webmail.  But I really only go there to check for misdirected mail marked as spam.

0 Likes
sarap2
Enthusiast - Level 1

please clarify your answer.  'don't use webmail' and 'i see lots of space with webmail' don't agree with each other.  and what is webmail?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are you using that you see the problem with?

If using Verizon email browser pages, consider switching settings to list view from preview view.  Then when you open it only the message is shown.  Double clicking the email in the list should also open a full view of the message when in preview mode.

Personally I use email clients Thunderbird and Microsoft Essential (live) mail for most of my email.  Also use Samsung's email app.  I do occasionally check email on Webmail (Verizon's browser email) because its the only place to see if any non-spam mail was caught by the Verizon's Spam filter.  And  I did a couple test compose to see if I could understand your complaint.  Attached is the window I see when listing email and composing a email.

0 Likes
sarap2
Enthusiast - Level 1

i'm using list view.  that's not the problem.  when i call up an email to view, between the verizon banner at the top and the greeting headlines and addresses, the only space left to actually read the mail is less than an inch.  F11 does open the screen up.  but if there is another way, i'm happy o hear it.  (and thanks for the explanation of webmail!)

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@sarap wrote:

i'm using list view.  that's not the problem.  when i call up an email to view, between the verizon banner at the top and the greeting headlines and addresses, the only space left to actually read the mail is less than an inch.  F11 does open the screen up.  but if there is another way, i'm happy o hear it.  (and thanks for the explanation of webmail!)

Is the resolution set really low on your PC?

Is the zoom level in your browser set really high?

Do you have toolbars displayed that cause the usable browser space to be smaller?

What I see in webmail is similar to the screenshots above, with a lot of space available to view emails. Without knowing why your usable space is so small, it's difficult to suggest a fix.

Can you post a screenshot (personal information blocked out, of course) of what you see?

0 Likes
bruteforce1
Enthusiast - Level 3

don't use ie or verizon web mail

0 Likes
sarap2
Enthusiast - Level 1

don't know how to take a screenshot.

0 Likes
webmail-user
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree completely. I noticed  a larger Verizon logo a few weeks ago and I did not like it for the same reason. When I reloaded the page it was gone but it apparenty is back for good. I think Verizon needs to rethink this change.