Email and interent issues
jerseyjester

I have had both Fios and Comcast andI have to say that comcast is much more reliable. My biggest issue is email. Right now I log into email and click on view emails and it asks me to log in again. At times when I compose an email and click sent it fails, erasing the email and obviously not sending it. To me a stable system is much better than receiving these upgrades that are unwanted.

0 Likes
Re: Email and interent issues
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry you're having problems with the email services.  The issue you're describing is related to the timeout feature of the website; for your security, the website will timeout and require you to login again in order to access information and/or process a request (such as sending an email).  The issue of the timeout comes into play when writing a long email or allowing the page to sit without making any movement or changes; typing in the email window does not constitute active movement.  What I would suggest is that when writing a long email, use a word processing program (like Microsoft Word) to compose the email, then sign-in to your email account and copy/paste the message.  This way you will not lose your email or have to worry about the timeout feature.  Also, if you have email programs on your computer (i.e. - Outlook Express, etc.), you can configure those to work with the Verizon email service so you'll no longer have to login to the website for access.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Email and internet issues
JINXEDFOXY1

@jerseyjester wrote:

I have had both Fios and Comcast andI have to say that comcast is much more reliable. My biggest issue is email. Right now I log into email and click on view emails and it asks me to log in again. At times when I compose an email and click sent it fails, erasing the email and obviously not sending it. To me a stable system is much better than receiving these upgrades that are unwanted.

I have Verizon High Speed Internet.

I login and check the box to keep me logged in for 2 weeks which doesn't last that long.  My session was timed out the other day.

When I tried to login on my laptop it said it was not a valid method. I have no idea what that means. I have never gotten that error before. I can login on my desktop just fine though. 

0 Likes
Re: Email and internet issues
deluxe154

I have a similar problem with the e-mail login, which has nothing to do with writing or sending an e-mail.

When I login on the home page, it shows my list of e-mails, but when I click on one to open them, it takes me to a second page which asks me to sign in again with my full email address, and offers me "Express Yourself", which I don't want. It does not have a place to check "No Thanks" and makes me sign in twice, which is very annoying.  Can anyone suggest a work around for this problem?

0 Likes