Email changes
Techguy21
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would have been nice to be notified of the changes to the incoming and outgoing severs.  Instead Verizon changes it with no notification and bam lose of service.  Port and security changes and someone still couldn't get it right and now were are stuck with no service.

0 Likes
Re: Email changes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Techguy2 wrote:

It would have been nice to be notified of the changes to the incoming and outgoing severs.  Instead Verizon changes it with no notification and bam lose of service. ...

Changes to Verizon servers were heavily advertised, both online at MyVerizon and via email to all subscribers.  Notifications were sent several times over a period of months so if you did not receive these notifications, it's difficult to say why.  These boards are filled with comments attesting to the fact that notices were received.

Techguy21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really, your the expert on the subject right?  Wrong! never got any notification via email or otherwise {word filter avoidance}

0 Likes
SinjinH1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're so smart Armond.  Tell us all why the web interface isn't working.

0 Likes
Techguy21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try reading it for yourself, and you will find the answer Mr. all knowing.   Why do you think I posted the previous response?  Next time before you comment do some research. 

0 Likes
missbetsy

To Armond In NJ:  I too never received an e-mail notification.  I switched to Verizon over a year ago and am still asking myself why I did.  I should have stayed with the small town local internet provider.  I have had more trouble with Verizon in one year than I ever did in the 10+ years I was with the other company.  As for today when I finally was able to get on my e-mail everything was totally gone.  Not one single e-mail.

0 Likes
SinjinH1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just noticed my 'veiw notifications' window.  Verizon says email is down for some customers.  I imaging they messed up an update or had a server crash.  Now they're trying to restore it from scratch.

0 Likes
Techguy21
Enthusiast - Level 2

He simply doesn't understand that it  most likely has to do with authentication issues and SSL, and very likely a hardware failure. Verizon better have a good backup of the data lost on the drives or their going to have some major explaining to do with the customers.  Emails don't vanish off the sever unless something failed on the hardware side.

SinjinH1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed.  It sounds like a hardware failure since poeple are missing emails.

JoeUserTX

Companies like Verizon do backups of everything (nightly, if not hourly).

They probably experienced a server failure, and are in the process of restoring service on new servers, then restoring from backup. Hopefully.

I'd hate to lose all my email and folders, but guess I'll have to go back to using Thunderbird to at least store local copies of email, instead of relying upon cloud storage...

0 Likes