EMail Font
PennyS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot believe I can't figure this out but when I am composing emails, how do I keep my font from defaulting to Arial 12px.  When I open a new window to type a message, the font is already set.  If I change it to times new roman, it work for the first line and then when the messgae continues to the 2nd line, it defaults back to arial.  It is driving me crazy.  I have to type the entire messgae, highlight and then change the font  There HAS to be a way to fix this that I am just not seeing.  Anyone...??

0 Likes
Re: EMail Font
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Switched to classic view, as addressed in

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/new-email-version/m-p/268211#M2821

But there has to got to be a way, to not the use the Classic View and solve this issue.

I can start asking some questions to get some info from you so that I (or some other users) to try to solve the issue (that is if you do not want to use Classic View). If you do not care to get this issue solved so that you do not have to use the Classic View, then mark as solved..

If you change your mind latter and this thread is not locked, you can unmark as solved. If you change your mind latter and the thread is locked, start a new thread with the answers to the (my and any other user's) questions below.

Thanks

---

#1 What is the web browser that you are using? For example I am on Firefox 3.6.13

#2 What is your connection type to the net? For example I am on DSL.

#3 What your OS and Version? For example I am ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Justin46
Legend

I have experiemented in both the "classic" and "new" versions of Verizon webmail and  cannot find in either one any way to set a default to be used for every new message. However, in both interfaces, when I create a new email, if I first select the font and size I want to use before I start typing, that font and size is used throughout the email. It does not revert back to Arial 12 when I hit Enter to start a new paragraph, for example. So I cannot reproduce the problem as you describe it.

Unfortunately I don't know what to suggest, it seems to work just fine for me (although I do think there should be an ability for the user to set a default font and size to always be used - or if it is already there, make it obvious how to do so).

Sorry....maybe someone else can reproduce your problem and deliver a solution Smiley Very Happy

Edit: Ah ha! I did my original testing in Firefox. I just tried it in IE 8, and bingo, for both the classic and new versions it acts like the OP says! Seems like it is a bug in the webmail application in IE 8. So it seems to me Verizon needs to fix it. But the short term solution for the OP, and a better way to browse the internet anyway, would be to switch to Firefox (just can't resist making this comment, sorry.....)

Edit #2: Seems to work ok in Google Chrome.

Keller, TX 76248

PennyS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

So about this classic view -- we just got Verizon in December and our email is set up without classic view.  When I click on the link provided in the other email, it does change me over to classic view BUT if I log off and sign back on, it reverts to the new email format.  Is there some way to keep it as classic view?  I saw something about dumping the cookies first.   Maybe I need to do this first...??

Justin - thanks for the info. about FF.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Penny,

I have edited the post again to indicate that Google Chrome works ok too, at least for me.

As to reverting to the new version, that again may be an IE 8 issue, I don't know, I have two email addresses, one set for classic and one for new. Both of them stay as they were the last time I used them, whether I log off first or not. But yes, I would suggest deleting the cookies to see if that makes a difference.

Keller, TX 76248

PennyS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK - off to install Mozilla now and hope that takes care of my issues!

0 Likes