Email Fonts
Gregory123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since I switched from the "old" Verizon email to the new Verizon email version, my fonts have been messed up. On one email message, some fonts are large, some are small, lines of type overlap each other, information boxes are too large and block out all or part of what's underneath them, etc. I can't find anything online about this and because of the Verizon strike my phone call wouldn't go through to tech support. I've been living with this for weeks now and frankly I'm tired of having to puzzle out every emails because the fonts are cut off, overlap with the lines above, etc. I use Firefox, but fiddling with setting there doesn't seem to impact the Verizon email. Any ideas, anyone? Guidance would be most appreciated!

Tags (2)
Re: Email Fonts
Justin46
Legend

First, I have to say right up front that I am not experiencing that. But, some thoughts and questions:

1) You are talking about emails you receive, not ones you are creating, right?

2) I also use Firefox and I have lots of add-ons installed. Do you? The reason I ask, if you do, you might want to try starting Firefox without any add-ons to see if one of them might be causing the problem. The Mozilla Firefox folder in All Programs has an entry to start Firefox with no add-ons.

3) Have you tried IE or Google Chrome to see if it is different there? One thing I do see occasionally in Firefox is some HTML is rendered differently in Firefox than it is in IE and Chrome, causing some web pages (which is really what this is) to exhibit the symptoms you are describing. However, I do not see it in Verizon's webmail, or at least I haven't yet.

4) Can you perhaps capture a part of an email that is displayed that way and save it somewhere and link to it so we can see what you are describing? If you are using Windows 7 or Vista you can use the built-in Snipping Tool to capture the image if you don't have another one available. Since you are brand new here you may not be allowed to include the image in your post, but you could put it on one of the many free sites and then link to it.

I'm sorry, I am not being very helpful here, but as I said, I am not seeing that problem. Maybe someone else can add some real help.

Keller, TX 76248

Gregory123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Justin - Thanks. You're brilliant! I installed Google Chrome and everything is fine with my email. Don't know what was wrong with my Firefox, so I'll just stick with Google.

Justin46
Legend

@Gregory123 wrote:

Justin - Thanks. You're brilliant! I installed Google Chrome and everything is fine with my email. Don't know what was wrong with my Firefox, so I'll just stick with Google.

Brilliant? I don't think I have ever been called that before, thank you. Way, way back in the dark ages my nickname in college was "Useless", is that the same Smiley Very Happy

Glad you found a way around the problem.

Keller, TX 76248

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only thing I can think of that may be wrong with Firefox is the fonts setting. You can change the font that Firefox tends to use for normal browsing, along with the size and style of the font, which might be the case with the webmail. Have you noticed the font being any different in Firefox from say, a normal, vanilla install of Firefox?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Smith6612 wrote:

The only thing I can think of that may be wrong with Firefox is the fonts setting. You can change the font that Firefox tends to use for normal browsing, along with the size and style of the font, which might be the case with the webmail. Have you noticed the font being any different in Firefox from say, a normal, vanilla install of Firefox?

That's a good point. Here is my default font setting:

If you don't have the box checked to allow pages to choose their own fonts could that cause it? It doesn't seem to for me, but then maybe the emails I happen to have to test with aren't affected? Or are there other options that might have an effect?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If that option is de-selected it probably would cause some of the problems pointed out on this page, if the default font settings were in fact changed. From that point anything in that settings menu could be the culprit if the webpage is trying to tell the browser to use a specific font/size/style combination in the code (CSS or regular Markup).

0 Likes
inajerry

How do I change the font size when I compose an email?

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

go to:Reply to Message--My Settings--Preferences--Display--Text Size

FOR A Permanent Change to Text Size

OTHERWISE CLICK ON Font size when typing your reply.

0 Likes