07-08-2013 07:52 AM - edited 07-08-2013 07:55 AM
I get both a visual and audible notification on my iPad 2 and iPhone 5
A visual notification on my Dell running Windows XP
HELPFUL INFORMATION WHEN YOU POST
It would be very helpful to try and answer any questions you have if you add some information to your profile.
You need to do this only once and it will be available to all each time you post on any VZ Forum
AFTER YOU SIGN IN...GO TO
Signature...This is a good place to add what equipment and services you have
Location ... County and State....some of the answers might depend on what area you live in.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE IN SHARING WITH THE VZ COMMUNITY
mrgooch1942 have you tried this?
1. Sign in to your Windows Live Mail account.
2. Click on the blue tab located at the top left of the screen with arrow pointing downward.
3. Click Option -> Mail under General tab -> Send / Receive Messages.
4. Tick Play sound when new messages receive.
5. Then click Apply and click OK.
My bad, I don't think it is possible with IE9, I turned on sounds in Internet options - advanced; and set sounds in control panel for new mail notification but do not hear anything.