Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Email password now dual

Tom2morrow
Contributor
Contributor

Email password now dual

Message 1 of 1
(528 Views)

After an apparent Facebook hack, I tried to change my Verizon email password. None of the paths from the Verizon.Yahoo site worked. One led to a blank page, another to Verizon FiOS TV signup. I went around in circles on my own, then on two separate chat sessions, watched as Verizon agents went around in the same circles. The first eventually led me to a change password page that seemed as though it worked (maybe it did; see below). But when I then tried to log in the usual way, my password had not been changed.

The second chat session ended with me excusing myself to feed the kids, and when I came back my computer had been rebooted. But no change in password change availability. I then telephoned Verizon support and was talked through another password change procedure using webmail.verizon.net, which worked--but only for access to email via webmail.verizon.net. Now when I go the usual way (would that be "My Verizon," Verizon Yahoo, Verizon Central, or what?), I still have to use the old (possibly compromised) password, but the new one works if I go through webmail.verizon.net.

This is not a satisfactory outcome. Does anyone have a way of working with Verizon that doesn't involve further huge outlays of time we don't have?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title