Verizon Reply - could be 48 hours
amycarroll

I called Verizon support as I too have been unable to send messages all morning.  The representative said they have an outage that they are working on and that it would be 24 - 48 hours before it was resolved.  Ridiculous!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Reply - could be 48 hours
NJ_Brad

Mine just came back.  I hope it stays working.  (Wife wants to send emails)

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Reply - could be 48 hours
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@amycarroll wrote:

I called Verizon support as I too have been unable to send messages all morning.  The representative said they have an outage that they are working on and that it would be 24 - 48 hours before it was resolved.  Ridiculous!

That's why it pays to have a backup free account such as gmail. 

You can just switch the sending side of your email to the gmail account and receive on your regular pop3 account.

That being said, here in MA there has been no outage all day with my Verizon mail.

0 Likes
Re: no outgoing email on 1/4/2
erikh

Followup to my previous post.

Verizon tech rep says:

Verizon is aware of the sending problem (there is no receiving one, at least that Verizon is aware of) and is troubleshooting it. However, the issue is "unconfirmed," meaning Verizon has not isolated the problem down to a specific failure. Until they do that, they can't determine what to fix. This problem affects all mail.clients (Mac, Tbird, Outlooks, any other third-party) on all devices (PCs, iPads/Phones, Androids, etc.). The information from the robot at 800-837-4966 is canned and does not pertain to this issue, including the estimated restoration time, which can't be estimated until Verizon figures out what the problem is. Until Verizon isolates and then repairs the problem, the solution to the receiving problem is to pull up your account(s) directly via Verizon Webmail, which does not have any issues.

Hope this helps everybody out. If you hear anything more recent than 1548 EST, pls post.

0 Likes
erikh

Another update as of 1609 EST (Falls Church VA):

Problem is system-wide, and no system-wide solution available yet.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION (your mileage may vary): I changed my outgoing server to outgoing.verizon.net, changed the port number for the outgoing server to 587, and turned off SSL. I then successfully sent and received a test message on my account. I then verified that all the queued email in my Outbox had been cleared.

If you use this solution, pls remember to switch back as soon as Verizon figures out what's going on and fixes it.

Good luck!

0 Likes
ACC4

Hello -

Has anyone found a fix for this issue?  I am still unable to send from my iphone and the Verizon tech said they don't support email client issues.  Any help would be great.  I could get my smtp server to use port 587 without SSL.  Thanks!

0 Likes
scottydog
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here in California area, both in and out email works fine and has been. We do however, have a limted speed processing or bandwidth limit with verizon.net email service and have ever since 9-2012. Anyone with a verizon.net email account who wants to receive their email faster than 2.0 mbps is in for a surprise as it will not go any faster.

Anyone out there who has the same issues should make a call and keep calling support for a fix.

Those who don't use Verizon for email, will not have this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Email send/receive issue Jan.4, 2014
Roberthenry

here. Mine has been behaving badly now for 2 days. Help!

0 Likes