Email sub-account VANISHES; tech support stymied, distracted by email in primary account from Amtrak
Sid1968
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last week, my husband found he could not access his email account: his password didn't work, and he did not recognize the security question he was challenged with. It's possible he just forgot both. He selected the option to receive a temporary password by snail mail, but he needed to get into the email sooner, so I called tech support.

Tech support could find no evidence that his account ever existed. To prove otherwise, I allowed tech support access to my computer with my email account open and showed him dozens of emails from my husband's account. I sent emails to my husband's account successfully. The tech support guy was more interested in an email (in my inbox) from Amtrak whose subject line announced that two of my Amtrak accounts were merging. He had me open this letter and read it aloud. He thought it proved that my husband's email account had been merged with mine, and that was why we couldn't find it.

Clearly this fellow was not going to be able to help. My request was escalated to a higher level, and I was told I would get a call back within two days. Three days later, someone from tech support called and promptly hung up. Four days later, someone from tech support called and told me I would get a call back in an hour or so. That hasn't happened either. 

Does anyone have any ideas?  Many thanks for reading this far.

0 Likes
Re: Email sub-account VANISHES; tech support stymied, distracted by email in primary account from Am
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sid1968,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes