Community Leader

Announced more than a year ago

smtp.verizon.net

pop.verizon.net

See http://verizon.com/emailsettings

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Yahoo email will not work in Outlook or on Smart Phone
metoc

Thanks for the reply.  I've already tried the SMTP and POP server settings, and they don't work.  Even though the change was announced a year ago, We have three verizon yahoo accounts that were working up until yesterday evening in Outlook and on smart phones. Neither old, nor new POP / SMTP settings work.  

I won't go into how very little I think of Verizon, and it's overall non-customer service.  

Thanks again for trying.  I'm presently setting up a gmail account.  

0 Likes
bruno21

You are not alone. Gmail can't pick up my Verizon mail, neither can my computer (Thunderbird). My settings haven't changed in a long time. Verizon broke something and can't (or won't) fix it.  This problem has been on and off for at least a month. I'd cancel Verizon, but the alternatives are not much better.  Aren't monopolies great?

0 Likes
markperez
Contributor - Level 1

TNS_2 we are talking about accounts that in the yahoo portal. Those are for accounts that are in verizon's portal

Re: Email through outlook not working
jhebert1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Correct

@verizon.net worked hours after I tried 10 other things.

Thanks!

imalbundy2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here.  Started yesterday at exactly 6:00 pm EST.  My account ended up locked because of all the failed connection attempts.  This morning I tried using the various on-line tools for over a half an hour and didn't get anywhere so I called support.  I gave the first tech support guy all of my information except my blood type but in the end he wouldn't help me because i couldn't remember the answer to the "What is my favorite food" security question that was created years ago possibly by my wife.  He put me on hold and transferred me to someone who could unlock my account.  It ended up being some generic customer service person who couldn't help me at all.  She had no idea when I was transferred to her.  She put me on hold and transferred me to someone who could help.  The first person was speaking a foreign language.  SERIOUSLY.  I ended up getting bumped to someone who could speak englist.  This lady claimed she couldn't hear me and hung up because she didn't want to tie up the line. Over an HOUR wasted when I should have been getting ready for work.  If I could have reached through my cell phone and grabbed her throat.....anyway I called back and went through the same automated prompts only to get a message that they were having a problem with the email service and it would be resolved tomorrow.  Really?  I was on the phone for over an hour and no one could tell me that?  Worst customer service EVER.

0 Likes
imalbundy2
Enthusiast - Level 1

markperez's suggestion worked. I added the @verizon.net to logon user name in my account setting of outlook.  Works like a charm.  Would have been nice of them to notify us of this required change.

susanpun
Enthusiast - Level 1

This fixed my email reception problem. As stated in another post. Change your username to username@verizon.net. As soon as I did that 285 emails over 1 days worth were almost immediatly received. My old setings worked for years with Outlook, then nothing. I will never understand why verizon kept the change a secret

Email not working in Eudora either
SoCalMtn
Enthusiast - Level 1

OMW I searched for hours and just adding the @verizon.net did the trick!!

I was ready to change to yahoo ID and give up on verizon.  I still might as I'm sick of the continuous problems like this that spring up when you really don't have time.

0 Likes
KVogel2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mark Perez's recommendation to add @verizon.net to the user name worked like a charm for my primary account but did nothing for the same problem with my sub-accounts.  Thank you for that step forward, Mark.  Now, I just wonder why it doesn't work on the sub-accounts (which had also been working properly for years).

0 Likes