Emal Setup on Nokia Lumia 635
lsbfwiw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have a Nokia Lunia 635 phone and had my Verizon email account setup on it. I very rarely check my email on my phone, but when I did the other day, the account would not sync and I received a message that the account required attention. I've deleted the account from the phone and have tried recreating it numerous times, but the account will not sync and it keeps telling me it requires attention. Any thougts  as to what the problem might be and how I can correct it? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Emal Setup on Nokia Lumia 635
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nokia Lumia 635

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/phone/lumia635/specifications/

Operating System

• Software release: Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Cyan

Email

• Email features: HTML emails, Linked inboxes, Inbox filtering, Multiple email accounts, Conversational view on email, Text-to-speech message reader, Viewing and editing of email attachments

This is a good site for you to investigate

Windows Phone 8.1

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/search/search?SearchTerm=Windows+Phone+8.1&IsSuggestedTerm=false...

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
lsbfwiw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Tom,

Thanks for trying to help. I went to the Windows Phone 8.1 site and found a query there that was similar to the problem I am having and tried the suggestion of doing a soft shutdown of the phone, turning off automatic date and time on the phone and then re-adding the account. After doing this I get a message: Verizon Error, Not Updated, We're having a problem downloading messages. Make sure you have a connection and your account info is correct and then try again.  Error code: 80072F30. 

I think the problem is with Verizon and not with the phone. Since Verizon is no longer in the "email business" I don't know if there is anyway to get support from them. I actually have to log into my email on my computer differently now. I used to click on the email icon on the top right of the Verizon/Yahoo start page and that would take me to the Verizon/Yahoo login page where I enter my username and  password. For whatever reason, it no longer accepts my password saying that it is incorrect. In order to access my email by clickin the  My Verizon at the top of the  Verizon/Yahoo start page.  When I log in from that, I then have to go to the bottom of the page and  and select Check Email.   Any thoughts about that??

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lsbfwiw,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.