Forward email from subaccounts
chief06

I have my main email address set up to forward, but I can't see any way to do the same for subaccounts.  Can this be done, and how?

TIA,

Lynn

0 Likes
Re: Forward email from subaccounts
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You should be able to do this the same way you did for the primary, via the account's My Account tools page.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you logging into the MyAccounts page with the SubAccount's credentials?   You can't change the forwarding from the parent account.

chief06

I am logging in using the sub-account's credentials, but I can't find where to set the forwarding option.  I have no problem doing it for the primary account.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@chief06 wrote:

I am logging in using the sub-account's credentials, but I can't find where to set the forwarding option.  I have no problem doing it for the primary account.

When I log in with a sub-account's credentials, I see a page with a box headed "Account Management" with a link in it to "Go to my internet account settings." When I follow that link I see basically pretty much the same options as I do for the primary account (see the attachment below, I was logged in with a subaccount when I captured that image).

0 Likes
chief06

I think I am having trouble finding the right section of the web site.  What I see is the screen with email, and when I click on Account I have the choice of Account Overview and Account Profile.  Account Profile lets me change the password, but not set the forwarding option.

Here is the url I was on: http://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/MyAccount/Protected/Account/MyAccountOverview.aspx

Where should I be?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

First of all, when I log in I don't always see the same page, kinda dumb huh.....

Again, I am logging in using the login info for the subaccount.

This time when I logged in, I saw the email page. I then clicked on Account at the top of the page. This shows me Account Overview with two categories: Internet and TV. I then clicked on the Account Tools link in the Internet section and it takes me directly to the page where I can set the email forwarding for this account.

The key as far as I can tell is to go to "Account Tools" when viewing or accessing the lnternet part, wherever you can find it.

Hope this helps, unfortunately Verizon's website is generally a navigation nightmare.

Edit: I just went to the link you provided, and the Account Tools link is right there on that page, in the Internet area. Click on that, don't you see the various options, including Email Forwarding? I do.

Another Edit: Attached a screen shot.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
chief06

Thanks for at least trying to help...

When I click on Account at the top of the page, I get a page with two selections: Account Overview and Account Profile.  With Account Overview selected I have Support as the heading with a list of help topics below.  Selecting any of those topics just takes me to a help screen.

FWIW, searching on forwarding email dumps a page of messages.

I notice that your attachment shows FIOS.  I have DSL, although why that would make a difference I don't know.  In any case I just found out that Verizon is moving users in my state to a different ISP, so all this will likely be moot in a couple of weeks.

0 Likes