Forwarding E-Mails
troubled5
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I forward e-mails, I don't want my list of receipients to be forwarded along with the message. Can anyone tell me how to go about achieving this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Forwarding E-Mails
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CapnCrunch wrote:

@troubled wrote:

When I forward e-mails, I don't want my list of receipients to be forwarded along with the message. Can anyone tell me how to go about achieving this?

Simply type in the recipients in the BCC box only and leave the "To:" and "CC:" blank.  BCC means "blind carbon copy".  When you use a bcc the recipients can only see who sent it, but they cannot see who else it was sent to.  Voila!

I agree that should work. However if that does not work do this:

#1 Simply type in the recipients in the "BCC" box.

#2 Leave the "CC:" blank.

#3 For the "To" line, type in your own e-mail Address.

-

For example...

To: u@verizon.net

CC: "Blank"

BCC: u1@verizon.net, u2@verizon.net

---

Plus Subject Line, and body of message... 😉

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

Once you say you want to forward an email you can't simply swipe the list of recipients and delete them? I can, using both the Verizon webmail and my PC-based email client, which is Windows Live Mail (but I could also do it when I used Outlok Express).

There is probably more to your question than I understand, so can you maybe explain more what tool you are using, Verizon webmail or a client, what you have tried, etc?

Keller, TX 76248

CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

@troubled wrote:

Simply type in the recipients in the BCC box only and leave the "To:" and "CC:" blank.  BCC means "blind carbon copy".  When you use a bcc the recipients can only see who sent it, but they cannot see who else it was sent to.  Voila!

Justin46
Legend

CapnCrunch, thanks! I misread the question. To the OP, sorry.....Justin

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CapnCrunch wrote:

@troubled wrote:

I agree that should work. However if that does not work do this:

#1 Simply type in the recipients in the "BCC" box.

#2 Leave the "CC:" blank.

#3 For the "To" line, type in your own e-mail Address.

-

For example...

To: u@verizon.net

CC: "Blank"

BCC: u1@verizon.net, u2@verizon.net

---

Plus Subject Line, and body of message... 😉