Getting SpamDetector to Work
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

I have two verizon.net home e-mail accounts and have SpamDetector turned on for both.  It used to work moderately well and caught 60 to 75% of the spam.   Starting in October 2014, SpamDetector stopped catching anything.  There is one specific e-mail account that I blocked in my wife's account that it catches, but that is all.

I have read all of the articles and posts I could find on this site - all to no avail.  I have a workaround that helps somewhat.  I put some filters on the server at netmail.verizon.net which help, but they don’t catch everything and they block all BCC’d e-mails.  My wife receives a fair number of smaller, "low-tech" newsletters that rely on the BCC function.  Because she is an elected official, she needs to be certain that she gets these.

We regularly get 40 to 60 spam e-mails per day, so this is more than just a minor inconvenience.  Any help that you can offer will be appreciated.
Thanks,

j_m

0 Likes
Re: Getting SpamDetector to Work
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi james_marshall,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes