beebee67

We have had Verizon service in our home for many years. Over almost the last almost 10 years there have been 3 lines and internet service. In reviewing one of the accounts which had the phone numbers 202-722-XXXX and {edited for privacy}and high speed internet the bill was running around $145.00 a month. I decided to call in to see what could be done to lower the bill. I looked into bundling, called customer service and decided that bundling was a great option. After speaking with the representative I realized that I would get a better price doing it online. So with the assistance of the online representative via chat I purchased a bundle package for phone and high speed internet on the 202-722-XXXX line  the cost was to be $42.04 a month and the activation date was to be 9/2/2014. At the same time I realized that there was actually no need for me to continue to keep the {edited for privacy} like as it was rarely used and was a waste of money.

I tried to go online on Tuesday September 2 and was unable to do so. I called in and was told that it would be up and running prior to September r 3 I took the representatives word and didn’t think any more about it. On September 3rd I contacted Verizon to discontinue service on the line that was not being utilized {edited for privacy}. When I tried to get on the internet it still didn’t work so I contacted Verizon and was told that the order was still being processed and that the internet would be on within the next 24 to 48 hours. I expressed at that time that it was absolutely necessary that I have service because for my job I am tasked with working from home frequently and that it is costly if I am unable to do so. I was assured that it would be on within 24 to 48 hours. Needless to say that after contacting Verizon on at least 10 other occasions speaking with at least 10-15 different representatives/supervisors from many departments to include the “Elite Team”, Order Resolution and Billing for a combined total of over 8 hours on different dates on September 17 I still had no internet service. Many promises were made during this time (September 2-September 17). Including one Supervisor named Margaret who promises that Verizon would pay me for all of the time/money that I lost as well as give a credit on my bill. The refund on my bill I could understand but I could not understand why on earth she expected me to believe that Verizon would pay my salary.

After begging Verizon for 16 days to get my service up and running gave up and was forced to obtain service from another provider. On one of the calls when I contacted Verizon I inquired about very important email that I have in 3 folders that I need to obtain and was informed that I had 30 day to get it and that after that time I would have no further access. I tried Saturday September 20th-Monday September 22 to get in to get it with the message being that I needed to verify my account information. I couldn’t get past this error so I called in again and was informed by this representative that I could no longer get my email unless I paid to reactivate my service. I need to speak with someone as soon as possible that can tell me whether or not this is the case. I need to know what can be done before I lose my document.

Over the years I have had very few problems with my Verizon services. My family and I have been long time customers. I am sending this letter to many departments hoping that someone will try to help. This has been a terrible ordeal and it is truly tragic. Any assistance that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HELP
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: HELP
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes