How do I get my verizon.net email address to reject email sent to it ?
jack63ss
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I still have my verizon.net account in Thunderbird, and just for jollies I did a Get Messages. Suprise ! What I got was 400+ emails, the latest dated yesterday.  And I now know why people have sent me email and I did not get it. If they accidently sent it to my verizon.net account it got received instead of REJECTED. Since I can't log into my email account any longer, how do I get this fixed ?

Thanks

Jack

And this has nothing to do with Yahoo or AOL email, those are working just fine.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get my verizon.net email address to reject email sent to it ?
jonjones1
Legend

Two solutions.

1) in normal computer operations we would update the MX server to either forward or deny. That is a quick solution. Since you can not access your Verizon mail settings.

2) you could try contacting the network operations center via noc@verizon.net or noc@verizon.com 

ask them to see if they can assist you. If you do a Whois you can find the correct email and physical address to maybe even call the center.

hope it all works out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Two solutions.

1) in normal computer operations we would update the MX server to either forward or deny. That is a quick solution. Since you can not access your Verizon mail settings.

2) you could try contacting the network operations center via noc@verizon.net or noc@verizon.com 

ask them to see if they can assist you. If you do a Whois you can find the correct email and physical address to maybe even call the center.

hope it all works out.

0 Likes
jack63ss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried contacting Verzion but the email got returned. So I went thru the email from the last year and contacted everyone important who had sent email to that address. Most sentme email back to the corre ct address, so I'm not going to worry about it. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
MLDJ

What network settings are you using for the mail servers?  I am getting mail sent to my old account as well.  Thanks in advance...

0 Likes