Re: How do I handle my wifes email?
dgdgagdae

I have this same problem, and the same questions as the original poster.  I have my main account, and I used that info to log into AOL mail and migrate my main email address.  I never use that address for emails, though.  Instead, I have a subaccount address (my real name), and that's the email that I use.  However, there's no way to log into that account at AOL mail to set it up for migration.  I'm worried that I'm going to lose the subaccount email, as I cannot set it up on AOL.  So I'll never be able to log into it at AOL, and it will probably be deactivated.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@dgdgagdae wrote:

I have this same problem, and the same questions as the original poster.  I have my main account, and I used that info to log into AOL mail and migrate my main email address.  I never use that address for emails, though.  Instead, I have a subaccount address (my real name), and that's the email that I use.  However, there's no way to log into that account at AOL mail to set it up for migration.  I'm worried that I'm going to lose the subaccount email, as I cannot set it up on AOL.  So I'll never be able to log into it at AOL, and it will probably be deactivated.

You log into Verizon Webmail on that sub account each day until you get the message to migrate, then you do it by clicking on the link there. You CANNOT@ do it at AOL Mail directly, once migrated it appears there is no longer any primary/sub account relationship (actually no relationship at all, they are totally separate accounts other than having @verizon.net as part of the account name).

I use an email client on my PC so my only reason for accessing email on a webmail page is to check for non-SPAM that has been treated as SPAM so I can move it to the Inbox. Apparently you just use the webmail interface; if I were you I would install a client, set it up to leave all the mail in the Inbox on the server, and have it download everything, that way you will have a backup if something does go wrong.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
wingdam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Justin: The problem is since I have migrated my main account email over to AOL, I can no longer access verizon webmail to get to the sub account. I get the msg that the account has been migrated. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@wingdam wrote:

Justin: The problem is since I have migrated my main account email over to AOL, I can no longer access verizon webmail to get to the sub account. I get the msg that the account has been migrated. 

I had that problem too. I am almost 100% sure that it is caused by cookies that have been saved on your hard drive by your browser. I normally use Firefox, what I did was start IE and bingo, I could access the other account. So you might try starting another browser, or go to another computer and do it from there. Another way I think would be to purge all Verizon cookies in your current browser (I did not try that) and then just go to webmail.verizon.com, no login-specifics in the link.

Please let us know your success or failure....and if success, what you did.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
dgdgagdae

When I go to webmail.verizon.com using IE, like you suggested (I use Firefox for everything else, and it kept redirecting me to AOL mail - due to cookies, I'm sure), and I try to log into the subaccount, it tells me that the account is locked.  It gives me a "Forgot Your Password" screen, but it doesn't recognize the subaccount as a User ID when I type it in.  The subaccount shouldn't be locked, because I continue to get email to that address in Outlook.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@dgdgagdae wrote:

When I go to webmail.verizon.com using IE, like you suggested (I use Firefox for everything else, and it kept redirecting me to AOL mail - due to cookies, I'm sure), and I try to log into the subaccount, it tells me that the account is locked.  It gives me a "Forgot Your Password" screen, but it doesn't recognize the subaccount as a User ID when I type it in.  The subaccount shouldn't be locked, because I continue to get email to that address in Outlook.

Unfortunately the only thing I can suggest for that problem is to contact tech support on the phone, maybe Twitter, or go over to dslreports.com (register if necessary, free) and then use the Verizon Direct forum there to report the problem with the account being locked and see what if anything they can do. I am not sure what "locked" means in Verizon terms, probably just refers to webmail access since you can get the emails in Outlook. I just used IE to log into my two email accounts that have not yet migrated, I could access both just fine. But no "migration today" message on either account yet, I would like to get this process completed for all my email accounts so I can worry about other things, like income taxes.......

Sorry, but at this point I don't have any other suggestions. Hope you can get it fixed.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
dgdgagdae

Thanks for trying.  I'm not sure there are scarier words though then "contact Verizon by phone"!

0 Likes