How do I unlock a subaccount ?
newmes
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried to sign into a subaccount  and for some reason it was not accepting the password that I entered so now that I am locked  it is asking for an answer to a secret question  that I don't believe I set up when I first opened this sub account many years ago

I haven't signed onto the subaccount in many years so maybe a lot of the security features have changed but I was never told to set up with a security question 

I need to use it because I want to check the spam folder and see if some of the emails are getting blocked or not in the subaccount

I tried to do it online but it's sending a pin to rreset the primary account password which I found out the hard way

Now I have the primary email account working and I can see the subaccount but I cant edit or see what the secret question and answer was

Are there any other options ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I unlock a subaccount ?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@newmes wrote:

I tried to sign into a subaccount  and for some reason it was not accepting the password that I entered so now that I am locked  it is asking for an answer to a secret question  that I don't believe I set up when I first opened this sub account many years ago

I haven't signed onto the subaccount in many years so maybe a lot of the security features have changed but I was never told to set up with a security question 

I need to use it because I want to check the spam folder and see if some of the emails are getting blocked or not in the subaccount

I tried to do it online but it's sending a pin to rreset the primary account password which I found out the hard way

Now I have the primary email account working and I can see the subaccount but I cant edit or see what the secret question and answer was

If you do not know the answer to the Secret Question, then your only option is to contact tech support and have them reset the account for you.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@newmes wrote:

If you do not know the answer to the Secret Question, then your only option is to contact tech support and have them reset the account for you.

newmes
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was able to use the chat with verizon and they sent me a temporary password and than I was able to get in

0 Likes