Re: How Do You File a Complaint?
Mrordinary

Today my wife contacted your support to discuss billing issues. We had a tech come today that said Verizon could not give us 3 Mbps and that they would have to lower the speed.

My wife talked to an agent and asked for credit since we were on a higher plan than we should have been. The guy was polite, but it did not seem like the conversation was going anywhere so she asked to have it escalated.

She spoke to Jeremy who said that they can't credit us because we only had outages of two days. She proceeded to say that she should not be on a higher plan if you can't give us the promised speeds.  Jeremy said that since we did not contact Verizon about issues, except in June, there was nothing he could do.

Jeremy was blaming us for not knowing that we were not getting the promised speeds. Eventually I took the phone when I saw my wife visibly upset.

Usually I am even tempered, but the conversation was not making sense. He explained that we should have known the speeds were low. I explained shouldn't the install tech have known. I asked if he could tell me what the install guy measured. He said he had no idea. I asked for the tech number, but he said he could not give it to me. I asked if I could cancel the service, and he said yes I could because there was no contract. I told him that as far as I know there is a bundled deal with direct tv. He disputed that. He said there was no contract with Verizon and that my bundled deal didnt make sense since DSL is tv and they are Internet.  So while he may have been partially right that Verizon has no contract with me, I do have a 2 year with direct tv..and I was unsure how canceling Verizon would affect that. I don't expect him to know either, but he should not be discrediting me.

At this point I asked  for his last name and badge number. He said he could not give his last name and he had no badge number.  We continued our conversation about getting credit for not getting the promised speeds and when is I admitted that our service was fine until June and now he pounced on that. He then said that if the service is fine, why would I get credit. He then said that I am recorded saying it was fine. I told him yes I admit it was fine and admitted it several times, but he kept using that as a trump card, not understanding that fine is not a 10 out of 10. It is like a 5 out of 10.

When we were at an impasse I made an analogy. I explained that why would I pay more for something when I am not getting that service that was promised. I explained that it was like paying for premium gas but getting regular. He admitted he would not be ok with that. Out of anger I said, so you were  recorded saying in a similar situation you would not be fine paying more when the services you got were not what you were promised. He also said my analogy was flawed saying that gas and Internet are not the same. I explained that is how analogies work..it was the same relationship.

I was on my way to ending the call, but he rudely took me off the call and I was at the menu prompt. Since when is that acceptable? Regardless if you think the callers a hard case, rude etc, a csr should be the bigger person or try to end the call in the best way possible.

I worked csr many years and I was dealt with various personalities. I know I was not the most pleasant for which I apologize, but that is due to his miscommunication and attack on me.  You don't escalate something saying you are recorded saying something especially when the customer says they admit to saying something.

By chat my wife resolved the situation by getting clear information. Jeremy was right about not getting the credit, but failed to explain it. The csr on chat explained we are getting service charges and the speeds range from 1 to 3.

He should have explained this and that part of the conversation would end. His assertion that we should have known the speeds were low was outrageous. He couldn't even tell me the speeds, and told me to call tech support, I then asked so if I find out the speeds were low then will I get credit, he said no. Again h

Blamed me for not knowing the speed issue and that I was recorded saying my service was fine indicated I should get no credit was infuriating. Fine does not mean good. It means acceptable. It can mean lagging which we did have, and we only complained when we could not access the Internet. Sometimes it worked well, other times it was a crawl. We don't have time to call Verizon to try to resolve a laggy Internet.

This conversation would not be heated if Jeremy had a sense of empathy or understanding of the situation. Additionally had he provided the information about the range of speeds we would get, that would have ended the conversation. Blaming the customer and gotcha techniques do not promote healthy conversations.  Hanging up on a customer makes it even worse. We are looking to replace Verizon service simply because of him. We verified with direct tv that we won't get a cancellation fee, but we will be charged an extra five dollars a month.

i doubt this  message will be read, but I needed to vent for the lack of training Jeremy has and the experience he gave us. Hopefully I am an anomalies and  he does not blame other customers because it is a very u pleasant feeling.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mrordinary,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
brighthousenext

You can't file a complaint.  Verizon doesn't allow it.  Unless you want to deal with a machine you're out of luck.  Verizon only employs androids.  The only alternative is a new I.S.P.  Seriously, if you want to get tech support be prepared to spend quite a bit of time at your desk.

0 Likes