Important Notice on EMail Using Outlook
mwinnick

I got this email today and it tells me to go to a link, which doesn't work, or to the forums, without telling what the heck I am looking for..

Doers anyone know what these incompetant people whoi sent this email want me to do with my Outlook EMail?

0 Likes
Re: Important Notice on EMail Using Outlook
winchesterdoug

I have no idea what they are talking about either. My e-mail through Outlook Express is working just fine and I wish all these companies would just leave things alone - and quit making hassles and extra work for their customers. It is aggravating and I don't appreciate it.

0 Likes
tented
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also got one of these. I'm pretty sure it's fake. It looks like people phising to get user info. I suggest people not respond, or do anything that is asked in the message, and simply delete it.

I've sent a copy of the email to Verizon, asking them if it's bogus. I'll let you know if/when I get a response.

0 Likes
Toobusy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the same email.   When I read the information about this issue  Your Attention Needed: Re-configure Your Email Settings to Send Email, it starts by saying "If you are having trouble sending or receiving email using your email software".  

Well, I'm not.

It goes on to say:

Do I have to change my Verizon.net email account settings?

No. Subscribers using Verizon email services will not be impacted.  

Well, I do have an @verizon.net email so going by the informational page, I should not have to do anything.   So why did I get the email saying I had the make the changes?  They sent it to my @verizon.net account so they know I use that.  

Seems to me this is the same email they send out a couple times a year for the past couple of years.  

I am a little confused about my current settings though.   When I look at the settings they want me  to change to, it shows the Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995      Mine is 110 and always has been.  Was I suppose to change this at some point along the way?  Last time I looked, it was still 110 sometime last year in the setup instructions.  

It also says:"Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked."  But which one?  In my Outlook Live it has this option for Incoming AND outgoing.  Neither of which are checked right now and my mail is working fine.  

Last time I changed my outgoing port from 25, my outgoing mail stopped working.  So could someone clear this up for us?  

1) If you have a verizon.net email account using Outlook Live and having no problems....do we have to change the outgoing port to 465 or not?   (using Verizon DSL, Outlook Live, verizon.net email settings)

2) Should my incoming port be the 995 in the FAQ's or stay at th 110 it currently is?

3) Should BOTH incoming and outgoing "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" be checked?  They currently are UNchecked.

Thank you....

0 Likes
tented
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found this separate thread. Read the post by Justin, as well as the page he links to.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Verizon-Online-Email-Account-Changes-Legit-Email/m-p/...

0 Likes
Stikaeric

Yes link does not work for me  either. Antoher example of Verizon's poor customer service.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Stikaeric wrote:

Yes link does not work for me  either. Antoher example of Verizon's poor customer service.

What link doesn't work? Who or what are you replying to? It would really help if you would use the Quote button to make things clear. And what problem are do you specifically need help with, assuming that is why you posted? There are plenty of people here willing to help if you make your needs clear.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes