Re: Impossible to Whitelist IP/Domain
MEC2DFW

We also have a new IP assigned by our NOC host, and have used the whitelist form over and over and over and over, and received ZERO response. Unacceptable. Also unacceptable was the 30 minute hold on a phone transfer that was never answered, trying to reach Verizon. Also unacceptable is the grating signup process for this forum, which repeatedly rejected our signup attempts with no helpful response. This literally has been the worst interfacing with a large company I have ever experienced. Two weeks and some fifteen whitelist submittals later - no response, and our users still cannot email verizon. I would surely love any help that can be provided and also some assurance that steps are being taken to ensure this rigamarole isn't going to be required of others, because it leaves a tremendous bad impression on Verizon - who I had previously recommended for FiOS business circuit deployments for my clients. That is going to be re-evaluated based on this, to be sure...

Please let me know how to proceed to get our whitelist request processed promptly.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MEC2DFW,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
MEC2DFW

Thanks for your prompt attention. I have chosen the subscribe option and will await a response.

0 Likes
MEC2DFW

Issus is now fixed. Thanks.

Strongly recommend someone streamline this process to make it more accessible. In the end the same amount of work to resolve the problem gets done, just now with a really bad experience to sour impressions. Brand name goodwill is hard to build, it's a shame to squander it with something so easy to resolve.

0 Likes
dkw197
Contributor - Level 1

I also need some help with accessing Private Message help. I followed your directions exactly, but there is no middle column that says My Support Cases. After I click on my name on the foum page, I just get a list of my lastest posts in the middle column. The options to click on in the left upper corner are: my name, sign out, My setting, Private Messages and Help. Can you give me some help? Thanks

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dkw197,

If we haven't opened a Private Support case for you, you won't see that module, "My Support Cases," on your profile.

Regards,
LawrenceC

0 Likes
branin

We also have a new IP block assigned to our network by our ISP and aren't able to email any verizon.net addresses.  We've also filled out the whitelist multiple times, but haven't heard anything (and are still being blocked).  Can I get a private support case opened up as well, please?

Thank you.

Branin

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi branin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
branin

Thank you.

Branin

0 Likes
RWH_Tech

Can I jump in here for the same reason?

I just moved to a VPS from a shared reseller account and whoever had my IP before me had spammed VZ, Brighthouse, AOL, etc in 2014.

I've got everyone else cleared and have signed up for the FBLs when available, but when it came to Verizon I cannot get my IP unblocked.

It's as if VZ abuse isn't even reviewing these requests, or is just having fun, since I also have gotten messages saying "my ip was dynamically assigned or there was a spam problem" and "my ip had no reverse DNS or it was a spam problem".

I've had this IP for two weeks, and my provider can confirm this, but there's no way to get through to the abuse department to address this. Calling does no good, even though the rep I spoke with got a hold of the escalation team. and did what she could. I even had the recipent of the blocked message, a Verizon customer, fill out the whitelist request, to no avail.

I understand protecting users from spam, which is something I also engage in, as a server admininstrator, but VZ's whitelisting needs to be revised, because it is not working.

0 Likes