Impossible to Whitelist IP/Domain
JcRabbit
Enthusiast - Level 1

As on this old 36 page (!) thread (which has now been locked) going all the way back to 2013 at

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/emailissues/thread-id/10909/page/3...

my company's domain is also being blocked from replying to any customers who have a verizon account.

We tried the whitelist form several times, every single time receiving the same canned response everyone else gets:

"After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons: Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate."

We tried talking to Verizon tech support who say they cannot do anything and refuse to escalate, as well as give us the contact of someone who can actually solve this issue for us. All they did was refer us to the same Whitelist form WHICH DOES NOT WORK. We even asked a couple of our own Verizon customers to interced for us, and they went nowhere either.

This is absolutely ridiculous!

As with all the others in the above thread, my company's server IP address is not included in ANY spam blacklist (all 96 of them as reported by MxToolbox) and the email server is configured correctly with all the required SPF and PTR records. We are a software company and in the 18 years we have been in business we never sent a SINGLE unsolicited email, not even to our very own customers.

We do have several customers that are also Verizon customers and we do need to communicate with them by email for technical support reasons.

This is our last resort since it appears that going to a public forum is the only way to get Verizon's attention.

Thank you,

Jorge

0 Likes
Re: Impossible to Whitelist IP/Domain
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JcRabbit,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.