Incoming emails to junk
Alchemist2963
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems that over the last two weeks or so several of my incoming email messages have not gone to my inbox but landed in my junk box. These are recipients/senders  that I have corresponded quite often or very frequently. I have not changed anything in my settings, or at least not purposefully. Is there something that I should do to change this from happening? Has something changed on the VERIZON end? Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Incoming emails to junk
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe that Verizon handles consumer email accounts at this point.

All "@verizon.net" accounts were transitioned to AOL when Verizon purchased AOL. AOL is now owned by Yahoo, which is owned by Apollo Global Management. Verizon has a 10% stake in the company.

When I find legit emails sitting in the Spam folder, I use my smartphone to make exceptions so that subsequent emails from the senders go right to the inbox.

On the upside, the number of Spam emails sent to my @verizon.net account that make it to my Inbox is greatly reduced. Now if Apollo could only stop the garbage at the "front gate". 😐

Re: Incoming emails to junk
Alchemist2963
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you fir your message. Yes, I did partake in all those mergers. I still have a Verizon.net address so forgot about the back end and what that really means. 

that said, your tip regarding making an exception from your smart phone. How do you do that? Just move it to the inbox? Is that enough for it to recognize it later as a legit email? 

thanks again!