Verizon mail to AOL?
donkell358

What is this about mail switching to AOL?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email Domain being discontinued?
tomstombaugh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the link...  I am very disapointed in Verizon for shutting down the email domain.  I have a number of blind customers that have little money and this is going to cause a lot of problems for them.  I usually don't charge much for my serives to them (often no charge).  But this is going to be a pain!

Re: Verizon Email Domain being discontinued?
johnnyzero
Enthusiast - Level 3

Allow me to clarify/reiterate what has already been posted: the @verizon.net email domain is NOT being discontinued. Verizon has simply contracted with AOL to administer their email services. Your customers will not need to change their email addresses; they will just be using a different web-based "front end" for their email.

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
pamela48
Enthusiast - Level 2

What if I delected the Email Servie change email? I don't know if I did or not but I don't have a link to get started. I've read all about it today in the Washington Post, that's the first I heard about it. What am I to do?

0 Likes
changing verizon email to yahoo
JeffS17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read in the news that Verizon would require all users to declare if they wanted to continue using their verizon.net email addresses. I have received no notifications about this. When will it take place? When will you notify users? What will we have to do?

Re: changing verizon email to yahoo
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Email Retirement

Frequently asked questions

https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/email/migrations.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_DO_N_X00425

We have decided to close down our email business. We will let you know when it's time to choose how to handle your email account going forward via email. In addition, you'll see a message from us when you log into your email from webmail.verizon.com indicating “Email service notice”. Click on “Keep verizon.net email address” or “Try any other email provider” to complete the setup.

0 Likes
Re: changing verizon email to yahoo
JeffS17
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. But i was hoping someone would provide a date or, even better, a process to do now. I am still concerned that Verizon will make the change without notifying users/me in a timely fashion and that we will lose email addresses that we use for both business and personal mail. Verizon is not known for its customer service or putting users first.

0 Likes
Change to email
rbigs1157

I read in the Washington Post that Verizon is giving up email control and we will be notified soon of the need to change, either to AOL which will allow me to keep my verizon address, or to other email of my choosing. I have not received any notification as yet. The article says we have 30 days. I have not received any notification as yet. When may I expect to receive the notice.

0 Likes
Re: Change to email
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/email/migrations.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_DO_N_X00425

We have decided to close down our email business. We will let you know when it's time to choose how to handle your email account going forward via email. In addition, you'll see a message from us when you log into your email from webmail.verizon.com indicating “Email service notice”. Click on “Keep verizon.net email address” or “Try any other email provider” to complete the setup.

0 Likes
Re: main email to AOL?
nowitri
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not received my notification to migrate my verizon email account to AOL. When can I expect to see the notification?