Verizon Emails
oldblueeyes99

Are the notifications about verizon.net emails being discontinued legitimate?

0 Likes
Re: Migrating .net email to aol
ladacav2010

Hello,

It is now March 16 and I have not yet been notified by Verizon about any change to my email...when will I be notified?

Thanks

0 Likes
Loss of email service
willbjones3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I just recieved an email that Verizon is canceling it's email service and I should move to another email provider. 

Since this is such a large change in services provided by Verizon and the change is coming with such a short notice (less then 30 days) does this mean that any terms of service agreements I have with Verizon will be null and void on the day of the loss of service and I am then free to switch to another provider that provides this service without any early termination penalties?

Thanks,

Bill

Using verizon email for dr, hospital, credit cards, heating, banking, email, and need to discontinue
haz4711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought it would be fairly safe having all of my Dr, hospital, credit cards, heating oil, banking, personal and work emails sent to my Verizon account.  Did not think I would be so wrong.  I've got 60+ accounts to log into and enter a new email.

A first world problem to be sure but I would rather be doing something else instead.

Sigh....

Re: Using verizon email for hospital, credit cards, heating, banking, email, and need to discontinue
haz4711
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bill -

Could not agree more.  I have no reason to remain with Verizon as of now.

Verizon email addres vs AOL address
DSLUser36

Is it true that Verizon is switching verizon.net email addresses over to AOL addresses?

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
tecook4

I may just cancel my Fios over this.  This is absurd, I have had this email for many years and now have to change everything.  Now my new email may be @comcast.com..........  Ciao

0 Likes
james_marshall
Contributor - Level 1

I received an e-mail on 3/13 informing me of the change.  Somehow I doubt it will be as seamless as described, but, the e-mail and the "Important Message" welcome screen both say,

"Option 1. Keep your current email address with AOL Mail.

By choosing this option you will:

• Keep your verizon.net email address [emphasis added]
  • Migrate to AOL Mail
  • Retain email, contacts and calendar(s) automatically"

I also read in the forum, and I really, really hope it is true, that settings on your smartphones, tablets and e-mail software will not need to be changed.  I will withhold judgement on that until my switch is complete.

I'm not sure that all the angst being expressed in this thread is justified.  If you can keep your verizon.net address, you don't have to change anything on any vendor, shopping or medical websites.  Plus, AOL is supposed to have a decent spam filter.  This will be a very big plus for me. 

The downside?  I've always considered AOL training wheels for the internet and never wanted to be associated with it.  I may have to eat my words.  We'll see . . .

I plan to start the changeover this weekend.  I'll try to report in from time to time on my experiences.

0 Likes
Notice about Verizon dropping email
rpfix
Enthusiast - Level 2

1--I have 3 Vz addresses, and I'm registered with dozens of companies and websites, many for work.  If I migrate to another company, will any future Verizon email be forwarded to that address?

2--If I switch to their AOL servive, isn't that only webmail? I've been using the POP3 client Mozilla Thunderbird for 20 years.

0 Likes
rpfix
Enthusiast - Level 2

My notice says  "ending March 31" = starting April 1.    It's 3/17 and I still have it.  What a gift to AOL, a failed bankrupt company that no longer serves any useful purpose except their primitive email program.