Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
rkane64

Is offering no email a breach of contract

0 Likes
Re: AOL OATH transition
CheltenhamChild

Thank you.   I  read a plethora of messages before I came upon yours.  

0 Likes
chrisny
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got the notice, this is absolutely ridiculous to cut this service.  I wish I hadn't just renewed FIOS a couple of months ago - I will not renew again because of this, will go back to cablevision.  I don't want anything to do with AOL, now I have to go around and change all my email registrations to use something else.

weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

You don't have to change your email address.  All external people who have your Verizon.net email address continue to use it without any change.  When you migrate to AOL you have to select a new password. No one emailing you will know you are using AOL.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@weincsw wrote:

You don't have to change your email address.  All external people who have your Verizon.net email address continue to use it without any change.  When you migrate to AOL you have to select a new password. No one emailing you will know you are using AOL.  

Your are recommended to change your password, You Don't Have To.  Mine is the same.  Since AOL is a Verizon Company I didn't feel the need for a different password.

0 Likes
nokddng
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't received any notification yet.  I'm getting a little concerned because it's suppose to be completed by the end of the month from what I read.😕 I go through yahoo to get to my verizon email.  Does that make a difference?

0 Likes
nokddng
Enthusiast - Level 1

Nevermind..I paged back a few screens and it looks like verizon/yahoo isn't being transferred yet.

0 Likes
kilowatt
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is already April 13 and I still have Verizon E-Mail.  I have never been notified by Verizon that they intend to discontinue this service.

0 Likes
weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Be patient.  You will be notified by email.  Verizon is taking months to complete this changeover.  They should have let ALL customers know this was coming back in January instead of springing this on just the ones coming up for migration in the next 30 days. 

0 Likes
Forecastdude1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not happy at all with the migration to AOL even though I can keep my domain name.  Having 2 IPhones and not being able to use the native email function on them is a horrible situation.  Verizon wireless just tells clients use the web based mail.aol.com interface to retrieve email!  No help AT ALL for set up on IPhone and directs you to land based Verizon...via phone support.  Call phone support and immediately get transferrred to Wireless divison when I mention mail on my IPhone then get transferred to AOL and they only support mail.aol.com appplication.  But they know of a 3rd party source that for a fee can possibly help...really.  Also we have "free" AOL accounts now so support is almost non existent.  This really is a downgrade of service by Verizon and will consider my options moving forward.  Changes to the TV interface and ever increasing rates have me looking seriously at XFinity even though they have problems but I can reach out and touch a human when I have problems.

0 Likes