Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
TwoTankAmin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once again Verizon has shown they do not care one wit about their customers. There is not enough profit in email.

The best thing we as users can do is to spend as little extra with Verizon as possible, Step 1 is not to buy anything via On Demand.

The only way verizon will ever care or even pay attebtion to users is when we affect their profitablility.

0 Likes
WHY So Sloppy? Verizon is paid WELL!!!!
Gazelle134
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is HORRIBLE!!!  I am a long-time customer and legitimately angered that Verizon has done such a SLOPPY job of turning their email operations over to AOL!  There should have been a LONGER TRANSITION period and certainly endless contacting of customers to REGISTER FOR a new AOL ACCOUNT. I have had extenuating personal circumstances that I've been obligated to stay more focused. And because Verizon's alloted timeframe was certainly NOT LONG ENOUGH, I have lost probably 12-15 years of Contacts, Folders, and VITAL EMAIL with VITAL INFORMATION!!??? Verizon, please tell me you have it ALL and can rectify this. Or do I need a Computer Forensics Investigator?

Gazelle134
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a number to call for those of us not so computer saavy?

0 Likes
Re: Discontinued Verizon.net = so messed up. put my faith in the wrong place, Verizon
Gazelle134
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed. I'm also very longtime customer and Verizon pretty much has just dumped us! I've lost countless vital email and info because of their sloppy handling of this.

Not enough time was given. Not enough communication was provided. And there are certain assumptions that Verizon made-- I am not the most computer saavy, so where's that customer support rep? 

I hope they can retrieve our lifetime of emails that we trusted them with!!!

weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't understand your problem.  I have two Windows PCs, two iPhones, and an iPad.  No problems before or after migration using my Outlook on PCs and native IPhone email on the Apple devices. Just had to enter the new passwords.  Still use my Verizon.net address.  

Re: WHY So Sloppy? Verizon is paid WELL!!!!
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

You gotta be kidding me, 1 month notice is not long enough? Once I got the notice it took me about 15 minutes to do 2 accounts. So if you didnt switch over in that time frame Verizon is not the blame.

Jaxdvs1
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, I'm losing a service that I had...I wonder if my bill will go down?

0 Likes
Email Elimination Won't Reduce Internet Bill
Bob8951
Enthusiast - Level 2

As we all know by now, Verizon has discontinued an Internet product, email service. I contacted Verizon customer service chat line on 4/14/2017 to discuss this issue. I asked how much my monthly Internet bill will be reduced by since Verizon is no longer providing this service? Since there is a cost to Verizon to provide email service , which I was paying for in my monthly Internet bill and eliminating email service also eliminates that cost to Verizon. The Verizon rep tried to convince me that the email service was "free" and my monthly Internet bill will not be reduced. So I said to the rep, so Verizon is eliminating a cost to themselves, which customers like me paid for the email service in the monthly bill, and that reduction in cost to Verizon is not being passed along to customers like me? I tried to explain to the rep that nothing is "free" and Verizon is shedding the cost of the email service, yet customers like me are expected to pay the same amount of money for Internet service as if the email service was still being provided? The rep continued to try to convice me the email service was "free". At this point the rep directed me to call Verizon's 1-800 phone number to have all this explained to me since I wasn't understanding what he was saying. After I explained to the rep I understood everything he was saying and I don't need it explained to me via phone call. At this point the rep said I was being "rude". This is wrong on many levels. Since Verizon is eliminating an internet product, namley email service, which is paid for in the monthy internet bill, customers should get a reduction to that bill. If you ordered a pepperoni pizza and paid the delivery driver for a pepperoni pizza only to discover after driver left you didn't get pepperoni on your pizza. Would you call the pizza place and ask for a refund of the additional charge for the pepperoni you didn't receive? Of course you would, everyone would. Verizon expects it's customers to pay for the pepperoni pizza and just accept the plain pizza. In Verizon's mind the pepperoni is "free". Because I was called "rude" by a Verizon rep and am now being taken advantage of by Veriaon not reducing my monthy internet bill, I will probably moving all my services (landline phone, internet and cable TV) to Comcast.         

0 Likes
Re: Email Elimination Won't Reduce Internet Bill
Bob8951
Enthusiast - Level 2

Within minutes of my post a moderator moved this post to a heading maked issue resolved. Probably because Verizon wants to minimize the exposure of my post. Even though Verizon is taking advantage of me by not lowering my internet bill, they also don's care one little bit that the chat rep I spoke with called me "rude". Verizon does not value or respect me as a c ustomer.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Forecastdude wrote:

I'm not happy at all with the migration to AOL even though I can keep my domain name.  Having 2 IPhones and ....

If you already have it working on your iPhone, lots of people do, then your iPhone will continue to work.  if choose to change your password as they recommend that is the only thing you must change.

For details and setting up an iPhone's native app for verizon or aol see

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-updating-your-third-party-email-program-or-mo...

For Imap on AOL (not available on regular Verizon) see

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-setting-up-your-new-aol-account-in-a-third-pa...

0 Likes