Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
jaynews
Enthusiast - Level 1

Chatted online with a Verizon rep who said that I don't need to worry if I haven't received any email yet regarding migration, and said that April 28th does not apply if I haven't received any email about the migration.

0 Likes
AOL email switch
21coster1

virtual agent is WORTHLESS - if I migrate to AOL email, will AOL be charging any service/monthly fees on top of what verzion will stil be charging me

0 Likes
msmurray2

I too have not received an email about the transition of email.  Is anyone aware of a way to make the transition to AOL (keeping the verizon.net email address) in the absence of receiving email from Verizon.  I have been receiving emails from various vendors indicating that email will terminate on April 28,2017 but nothing from Verizon.

0 Likes
lennyz11

April 18 and no notice from Verizon!

The only way I found out anything about his mess is receiving a notice from another company saying to update my E-mail because it was being retired.

What is the deal? I cannot find out any concrete info about dates or details on Webmail or searching Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: New AOL
Chrisd0220
Enthusiast - Level 1

Keep receiving the email with the "act now" choose one of the two options, blah, blah, there's no links on the email and when I am directed to the web email screen, I do not get any options to choose. What in the world is going on. I received 3 notices so far, although my dealine is May 6 2017. 

0 Likes
fed1040ez
Enthusiast - Level 2

received a reply from AOL - simply saying not their problem, if you want no ad on the webmail page, need to pat extra 9.99 for the service.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
roccol5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over a year ago when I was complaining about Verizon doing nothing about spam I predicted that it was them trying to save money because they were eventually going to do away with email.  Some of you scoffed and laughed at me.  Now they're doing it.  Just saying.  I'm not even going to announce my prediction for the next thing I think they're going to do because you will think I'm crazy so I'll just keep quiet about that.

0 Likes
johnnyzero
Enthusiast - Level 3

@fed1040ez wrote:

received a reply from AOL - simply saying not their problem, if you want no ad on the webmail page, need to pat extra 9.99 for the service.

{edited for privacy}

No need to pay $9.99/month to eliminate the ads. Just install the Stylish browser extension and this userstyle: 

https://userstyles.org/styles/128796/aolmail-noads

No more ads.

Email transition to AOL
mckite

One of the reasons we purchase internet services is so that we can have secure, ad-free email.  I signed into AOL for the first time, and it is absolutely HORRIBLE!  If you wanted to get out of the email business, you should have at least partnered with someone other than AOL.  They want an extra $4.95/month for ad-free email.  At least Comcast still offers email service that allows us to block advertising, and it is much better than Gmail.   Your internet service is more reliable than comcast, but having internet provider email address is important to many of us. 

0 Likes
sportsrc1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The reason the change is occurring is to free up data space and save electricity costs?  To better provide Internet, TV and phone service?  I find it hard to believe that the profit margin of Fios needs to let go of the e-mail management system in place.  One more reason to give customers a choice of switching providers.  Sad.

0 Likes