Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally some sanity in this discussion group.  Too bad Verizon didn't let EVERYONE know this would be a 6-month process.  It would cut out 95% of the panicky comments.  

0 Likes
Re: AOL MIgration
bbbbbb5

I see that the transition to AOL is free,but will we be charged a monthlyfee once the transition is complete?

0 Likes
Re: AOL MIgration
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Basic service is free.  They do have cost offerings, e.g. add free webmail.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

AOL SUCKS! Why do you think I went to Verizon dialup decades ago?

@TomH309 wrote:

Email Retirement

Frequently asked questions

https://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/email/migrations.htm?CMP=DMC-CVZ_ZZ_ZZ_Z_DO_N_X00425

We have decided to close down our email business. We will let you know when it's time to choose how to handle your email account going forward via email. In addition, you'll see a message from us when you log into your email from webmail.verizon.com indicating “Email service notice”. Click on “Keep verizon.net email address” or “Try any other email provider” to complete the setup.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
TX-gal
Enthusiast - Level 3

and you are getting adds like crazy - if you want to have AOL without adds, guess what: one has to pay $5 extra each Month! Thanks Verizon!

Wow, not so fast Verizon, this actually means: from the day of migration each customer should have a CREDIT of $5 monthly on their bill! I am expecting it.

0 Likes
Re: New AOL
TX-gal
Enthusiast - Level 3

@brutus99 wrote:

Well, I was converted to the new AOL email today.  NOT HAPPY!!!  I feel that I pay too much money to be transferred to a product that is far too inferior to what I am accustomed to.  

I am in the "new" AOL now too and NOT happy about it.

Verizon: you need to deduct $$ off all your loyal customers' bills each month. The "new" service is inferior (not matching the verizon e-mail service) .

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Emails
TX-gal
Enthusiast - Level 3

@oldblueeyes99 wrote:

Are the notifications about verizon.net emails being discontinued legitimate?

sorry, I believe they are - but not happy about it.

Verizon just raised their fees by throwing us out to AOL

0 Likes
TX-gal
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Gazelle134 wrote:

Agreed. I'm also very longtime customer and Verizon pretty much has just dumped us! I've lost countless vital email and info because of their sloppy handling of this.

Not enough time was given. Not enough communication was provided. And there are certain assumptions that Verizon made-- I am not the most computer saavy, so where's that customer support rep? 

I hope they can retrieve our lifetime of emails that we trusted them with!!!

Another legitimate point: the time to react was really too short - even they think it's about a month for one to react, what if you are in the hospital and no access to a PC, or overseas and no access - as you do not have access overseas to TV Program via Verizon either!!!- (but thats another topic)  I just want Verizon to be customer friendly: give us time enough, give us the correct information and drop the price on our bill!

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

OMG!   Back to the 90s when we heard "Welcome, You've Got Mail"?   Not possible.  I thought AOL was dead years ago!

0 Likes
hcvone

AOL sucks

Looks like headed back to Comcast

0 Likes