Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
Laurie752

I am not sure if I ever received notification of the migration. How do I find that out? I tried to initiate the change to aol on my own but was not successful. Help

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

No notification here either.  And I tried to change over and it didn't work.

0 Likes
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

Two questions:

1.   What if we change to AOL and decide to drop Verizon services altogether.  Do we lose or verizon.net email address or do we still get to keep it?

2. Also, I already have AOL from a zillion years ago and I get AOL spam mail only as I just checked it for the first time in probably 5 years.   Do I have to now change my sign-in address to the verizon.net one?   I mean what happens to my old AOL sign in?

0 Likes
Re: Migration from verizon.net to aol
Backstagekid

How did you manage to do the migraton? I see nowhere to do that. The only 

one they have takes me to FAQ over and over.

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL and they have taken away our verizon.net email
Badcat1

AOL stinks!!!!! I got Verizon for my bussiness. Not to see dumb ads and all the other **bleep**!!

0 Likes
Re: Slow DSL and they have taken away our verizon.net email
amich1

The fact that I have to now use an ad-blocker to check my e-mail online, and still have to put up with pop-up ads, is a definite change for the worse in quality.  Also have to put up with news headlines every time I check  my e-mail, which is also definitely not appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Migration from verizon.net to aol
rb391

Been messing with the migration crap all weekend.  Get to their info page & it indicates that you will get a notice when you log in to webmail.  I don't do that very often.  When at home i just download email to my machine.  We got notice from Fidelity Thur or Fri indicating they were concerned with not being able to contact us by email because of the change & querying when we were going to make the change.  Don't see any way of completing the task.  Their info is extremely poor.  Made a change from Comcast to Verizon a few years ago when fios became available in our area.  When we changed our email addresses it was a real disaster.  Moved 2 years ago & VZ was not an option in new community, but I was able to  maintain our email with VZ after paying a fee.  Looks like we're in for a similar if not worse situation.  SURE WOULD BE NICE IF THEY WOULD GIVE YOU COMPLETE INFORMATION!!!!!!

0 Likes
Email ending?
jackh3

Both Amazon and Vimeo have emailed me to change my verizon email address to another one as verizon is getting out of the email business. Is this true?

0 Likes
halfkeg69

I just would like to know what big shot had this stupid idea to switch to AOL mail.

0 Likes
NO MORE E MAIL
CRABDIPPY

NO MORE E MAIL NO MORE VERIZON. AS SOON AS CONTRACT EXPIRES

0 Likes