Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
gerry417

I have tried for hours to resolve my email issues and I am getting nowhere, I have been on the phone for countless hours with no resolve to the matter.  I cant get through FIO's I need help

0 Likes
larchmontguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same experience. 

0 Likes
fullmoon

I have been unable to get a verification  code by text or phone call to continue with my migration to AOL mail.  What is going on?  Can't even figure out who to contact.

0 Likes
fullmoon

Same problem here with regards to getting a verification code.  Can not continue and don't know who to talk to.  Going on for hours.

0 Likes
fullmoon

I could never get a verification code to continue to migrate my verizon email to aol.  Had to get a verizon online chat agent. She took over my computer, started the steps all over, I put in my new password and other info again, (previously, when I tried on my own it said my password was weak) and it went right thru.  If anyone else has a problem, go directly to verizon and chat with an online agent.

0 Likes
ChrisTech
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can you possibly justify being an internet provider without providing email?

I am flipping furious. I have had this account for going on 20 years. My whole life revolves around this address.

AOL?

Really? I thought they went under ages ago. Didnt they get hacked some time ago?

Email is part of my service, I hope my bill will reflect the decreased service. At least cover the cost of a secure email provider.

Im dreaming, I know.

Verizon stands to reap mega-rewards. Look for a whole lot less for a whole lot more $$$ in the near future. Your surfing history, tv viewing habits: all for sale. Its your data, do you think you will see a dime?

Its a monopoly, just grin and bear it.

ivanyerkinhoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

What a mess. I have been working on this for 2 days. 4 hours chat, 3 hours phone support. NOW  i have verizon/yahoo email account and 2 aol accounts to check my email. This was really handled poorly and verizon customer service agents do not know the proper way to direct it's customers. The stand answer is always blame, Browser, Yahoo, Aol, Computer manufactor, Operating system.  VERIZON CREATED THIS PROBLEM AND NOW they want to shift the blame to anyone BUT THEMSELVES. 

0 Likes
verizon.net email addresses
SpaceAge

I have a verizon.net email address, and I understand that verizon.net is being phased out. How do I ensure that mail sent to that address gets to me?

0 Likes
woodbndr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Don't think I got the message to change my E-mail yet did I miss it?

Somtimes messages end up in spam and I don't always look that close.

0 Likes
weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Relax.  An earlier message in this forum said they finally spoke to someone at Verizon that said this process will take many months.  You will will get at least two emails on every email address you have and a message on webmail if you ever use it.  Verizon should have sent an email to everyone to notify of all this, but in their strange wisdom decided not to do so.