Re: Verizon Email Domain being discontinued?
Smiths3

Hello, why do we have to wait to be notified? I am already getting emails from services that are telling me to update my accounts, since they see "verizon" is discontinuing support? How do we get ahead of this if we have NOT yet received notification?

Also - is billing being reduced??

0 Likes
Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
Bill_rich
Enthusiast - Level 1

AOL email is a mess. Verizon downgrades our email on mobile & PC's at home with no consideration of customers service nor dollars spent. I had to keep me Verizon.net email address for professional & personal use.  With moderate knowledge of email setup I was able to set my PC & mobile phone a little over a month ago. It did not carry over my files of sent mail or sub categories for professional use. Ironically it carried over my files from Comcast in 2008 but nothing else.  It also set up an AOL account that I didn't need or want.  5 days ago my AOL account gave me notice that my password was missing yet it was still there.  I was not able to send or receive anything.  So I had to redo my AOL password & that was working again. But little did I know that AOL  email governs all my other passwords.  So. I had to setup my email pop server on my iPhone both incoming & outgoing, also same had to be done on my PC.  This took me hours to understand & to fix.   

THIS IS NOT RIGHT !!!  At least there should be some kind of password worning prior to a 30 day disable of all my email.  Better yet this should never have had to be changed at all.  I'm semi retired, my wife & I spend $207 on Fios & $170 on 2 iPhones. With a monthly spend of $377 you would think they could have kept our email status quo.   Verizon's BEAN COUNTERS must have come up with this deal to acquire AOL & then outsource their email.  Well I am going to another cell provider, cancel my land line & start streaming myTV.  I don't think I'm alone - this is the straw that broke my back.   VERIZON I AM SOOO DONE WITH YOU. 

Bill_rich

dlsmith91
Enthusiast - Level 1

Several questions:

1. Can I search the forum thread for keywords or do I need to wade through 30+ pages of replies to see if my questions have already been answered? Probably just not seeing it, but I can't find a search function.

2. Why does Verizon need my date of birth to complete my email move to AOL?

3. If I move my main email address to AOL, does that also move all my others (wife, kids)?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dlsmith9 wrote:

Several questions:

1. Can I search the forum thread for keywords or do I need to wade through 30+ pages of replies to see if my questions have already been answered? Probably just not seeing it, but I can't find a search function.

2. Why does Verizon need my date of birth to complete my email move to AOL?

3. If I move my main email address to AOL, does that also move all my others (wife, kids)?

They shouldn't be.  WARNING there are some spoofers try to take advantage of the Verizon Migration to steal your identity.

I recommend that when you get the email notification you ignore any links in the message.  Instead log on to the webmail.verizon.net site and see if you are ready to migrate, and follow links from that site.

As far as your other email accounts, only your alias (if you have one) migrates with your email account.  All others (e.g. kids) are done sepately and perhaps at different times.

migration to aol
kay210

I received the emailed provider notice from Verizon, but deleted it in error.  The time is getting close to the 30 days to change.  I now see this message when I sign in:

• Coming Soon! Verizon will no longer provide verizon.net email service; but, you’ll have options. Stay tuned for updates! Learn more       

But clicking on the link only leads to the question/answer list for migrating.

How can I find a link to actually change my email account over to aol  ?

0 Likes
Re: migration to aol
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The first message you have was only a headsup.  The conversion are being staggered over several months.

Remember also that if you use the Verizon/Yahoo interface you are not being converted, at least at this time.

If you got and deleted the second message, you in fact don't need it.  It was designed mostly for those people who never use Webmail to let them know they were ready to convert.

Just logon to https://webmail.verizon.com  If you are ready to convert you will see the links there to the AOL conversion.

0 Likes
Re: migration to aol
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

I've had the changes coming to email banner on the webmail page for about a month. 

I got my migration notice this afternoon.  It came in an email from Verizon and when I signed in to Verizon web mail I got the migrate to AOL page instead of my web mail inbox.

I clicked on keep Verizon.net email and it stepped me right through the process.  It does prompt for a new password and asks for DOB and a phone number to send either a text verification or voice verification number that you then enter as one of the last steps on the AOL mail set up page.  It was fast and easy. 

Got a message back from AOL and the AOL web mail came up verifying the migration.

I then put the new password into my Thunderbird clients on the computers on my network and also into our smartphones.  Everything is working fine so far.

0 Likes
codemann12

So when is the drop dead last day of your verizon e-mail service?

0 Likes
Re: E-Mail
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

It depends on the day you receive the actual email notification that links you to the webmail page to change over to the AOL host or whichever host you decide to use.  The email I received from Verizon was dated 15 May and said email service for my account would end effective 14 June.

0 Likes
Re: E-Mail
stevendina

Someone PLEASE help me migrate my e-mail account to AOL. I no longer have access to my e-mail. This is ridiculous - so much time spent on this nonsense. 

0 Likes