Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
Ronj218

How is this problem solved? You will have no email on November 7th 2017. AOL dosn't work they way they tell you to seup on their website I had them and microsoft on the phone and neither of them could get it to work and Microsoft isn't supporting Windows Live Mail (where you can change the ports) Windows Mail you can't change the ports for IMAP

The message could not be sent.
The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP]
server might need to be configured.
To find the server settings for 'zzzzzzz@verizon.net'
please contact your email service provider.

Subject 'did you get this email'
Server Error: 553
Server Response: 553 5.7.1 <xxxxxxx@verizon.net>:
Sender address rejected: not logged in
Server: 'smtp.aol.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

Well first I went on to take the charge off my account for tech help, but got sent to a tech she was trying some stuff to get my Verizon.net email account was talking to her on the phone and she was connected to me, I said "that's the wrong port" The outgoing was 25 instead of 993 then she hung up and disconnected from me.
My email under Verizon/AOL isn't working and she was no help. 
Neither was the guy to connected me to her.
But I guess it was over his head. 
Your directions are wrong on your website in so many ways,
I finally figured it out, but you will be swamped with calls
on this from Verizon members.   I took a lot of guesses
rethought it out and got it working, but believe me
YOUR DIRECTIONS ARE WRONG! NO ONE WILL GET ON USING
THOSE DIRECTIONS. I got it going after a lot of thought.
How likely are you to recommend AOL to a friend or family member? 
There is no choice to tell friends they have no choice Verizon
dumped the email in your laps.

Please share any other feedback you might have about your AOL experience,
 including what we did right (yay!) or suggestions to make us better.
Get better by not hanging up on people is one. Not calling back is another,
get directions correct on your website for setting up email on Verizon is another.
What you have is entirely wrong! and some stuff is totally missing.
So with just one thing wrong it won't work. I finally got it working but I don't
think your customers will figure it out. So that means you will be swamped with
calls say there is 3 million people that use Verizon.(with availability to
15 million homes)
I hope you can handle all the calls, and like I was told it's Microsoft's fault
no it isn't it's your directions and lack there of. I've probably wasted my time
because no one will see this, or even read this. It was just put here for peeps
like me to feel like it meant something.
Please remember to click the submit button!  Thank you for your feedback!

AOL Privacy Policy |  AOL Feedback Policy

I googled how many people have verizon internet

In April 2010, Verizon announced that three million people
were subscribed to Verizon Fios. In July 2010, estimates were 3.8
million Fios Internet subscribers and 3.2 million TV subscribers,
with availability to 15 million homes.

0 Likes
weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sympathize with you.  Found AOL instructions confusing.  I think most Verizon customers don't need to make changes.  I think the following settings will be good for most:

Incoming POP3 server: pop.verizon.net

Port: 995

SSL: Yes

Outgoing SMTP server: smtp.verizon.net

0 Likes
gpamcc
Enthusiast - Level 1

verizon won't accept any email problem calls after migration. Aol won't provide telephone support unless you pay, the help guides from the initial migration conflict with later ones sent about security settings and the 11/7 date. set up one month free telephone support with aol, called 5 times,  three times waited 20+ minutes all 5 times got foreign support people who spoke poor english and got conflicting information about port settings non of which agreed with on line help guides. i migrated succesfully in march but I'm still not sure if after 11/7 my email will continue to work.  this was the worst example of customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life (75 years old and technically savvy and 40 verizon operations employee retired)

Verizon vs AOL Mail?
jack63ss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been both an AOL and Verizon mail user for years, and have accounts on both. When the initial email about moving from verizon to AOL came out I was assured that I would not have to change my email address to aol.com, I could continue to use verizon.net. Is this going to change on 11/7 ? Fortunately the accounts have different usernames, so I guess I could change.

My issue is that right now I can NOT use smtp.aol.com to send email from my Verizon account, and in fact I can't send email using smtp.verizon.net either. I talked to Verizon/AOL Tech Support and it is because my From address is for my personal domain email address, NOT verizon.net or aol.com. Confused, so am I, since I can send email using smtp.gmail.com without any problems.

I just hope that after 11/7 my email accounts are still working or I guess I'll have to find a whole new internet provider. Oh, and if I find the previous email about tech support to be true I most certainly will be an ex-Verizon customer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon vs AOL Mail?
weincsw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still hoping the following will work with my xxxx@verizon.net Outlook email address.  Any thoughts on that?

Incoming POP3 server: pop.verizon.net

Port 995

SSL:Yes

Outgoing SMTP server: smtp.verizon.net

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Email Domain being discontinued?
2002Retiree

Today is Nov. 30, 2017.

For several days in past week, I've had to change my password on verizon-yahoo mail, not knowing why.  After 1 hr, tech support gave me a backdoor access to see my mail.

I then started seeing information Verizon was discontinuing E-Mail, which was news to me.  I've never been notified of this.  I'm still not sure that changing my password daily had anything to do with the e-mail migration.  When will I be notified? I am not as sharp as I used to be and I hope it will be an easy transition.  As long as I can access my e-mail without going through the Verizon-Yahoo site, I'll while away my time.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@2002Retiree wrote:

Today is Nov. 30, 2017.

For several days in past week, I've had to change my password on verizon-yahoo mail, not knowing why.  After 1 hr, tech support gave me a backdoor access to see my mail.

I then started seeing information Verizon was discontinuing E-Mail, which was news to me.  I've never been notified of this.  I'm still not sure that changing my password daily had anything to do with the e-mail migration.  When will I be notified? I am not as sharp as I used to be and I hope it will be an easy transition.  As long as I can access my e-mail without going through the Verizon-Yahoo site, I'll while away my time.

The reason you didn't see the messages, is they allowed you to stay with Yahoo.  Yahoo and AOL are both Verizon companies.

0 Likes
hughj1

If you had YAHOO mail through Verizon, you didn't have to switch; at least for now,.

0 Likes
njaau1

i use outlook 16 and it was working fine up until 12/5/17 now it stop sending and receiving I hate aol how do I get my outlook to start working again 

0 Likes
drshaw11271

@johnnyzero2 wrote:

So basically, I need to just keep waiting. Thanks.

No

0 Likes