Re: initiate migration to AOL Mail?
PDDED1506

These  deleted all my files and stuck me with CRAPPY aol. Its the worst company and that is why I stopped using **bleep** AOL 15 years ago.
Why is it so hard to get  VERIZON  to send me a paper bill?

0 Likes
JBoy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, it's 1/16/2018 and I haven't received a notice to migrate.  I just read a FAQ that says since I didn't migrate to AOL by December 15 I am **bleep**.

Am I still supposed to be waiting or what?  HELP!  The online support chat service keeps saying it's busy and to try again later.  ?!?!?!

John

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JBoy53 wrote:

Well, it's 1/16/2018 and I haven't received a notice to migrate.  I just read a FAQ that says since I didn't migrate to AOL by December 15 I am **bleep**.

Am I still supposed to be waiting or what?  HELP!  The online support chat service keeps saying it's busy and to try again later.  ?!?!?!

John

Note that if you are a Yahoo/Verizon email user then you are not migrating (at least as currently planned) and would not have received an email.

JBoy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay.  I heard months ago about migrating to AOL but nothing about remaining on Yahoo instead.  Not that I'm complaining, I gather there are some issues with AOL email.

Thanks for the reply.

John

noAOL

AOL is once again asking me to sign up for a $$$ service contract.  Is this a scam? Or, will Verizon stand behind what they originally requested from AOL and the Verizon customers?

0 Likes
twheels

How about if we are on Verizon/Yahoo and WANT to move to AOL?  Anything to get off of Yahoo, can we request that?  I kept waiting for a migration message now it seems I'm stuck with Yahoo?

0 Likes
hughj1

Can't imagine WANTING to go to AOL after reading some of these comments, YAHOO email works fine, at least for me.

0 Likes
stevenroosa

I hear it's going to be cool.

0 Likes
Catch22CM

Can migration still be done to either Yahoo, AOL or whatever?

0 Likes