iOS 8 issues with email
Belairryan
Hi

I recently updated to iOS 8 on my iPhone 5. I now can no longer pull my Verizon email to my iPhone. I have tried deleting and adding the account, verified the port numbers and passwords. I keep getting the same message, "Pop.verizon.net is not responding". Any ideas? Thanks
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: iOS 8 issues with email
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Working before?  perhaps something wrong with IOS 8.  Also possible you hit it when a Verizon email server is down. 

Make sure you can access your email with the Webserver to make sure you are one of those accounts under attack that verizon was forced to suspend subject to a password reset.

0 Likes
Belairryan
Thanks. I do have access to my web server email. Also this has been an issue for multiple days so don't believe it's a server being down. Thanks though!
0 Likes
darkandthewild1

Same here. My mail has not been working since I updated to iOS8. At first I was only able to receive mail and not send. I removed and re-added the account and now it won't add back at all. My Outlook isn't working on my MBP, either. However I can access webmail. Maybe the pop servers are broken.

0 Likes
Wind2
I updated by iPad and iPhone 5 2 days ago to the new ios8 and cannot get emails no longer. I am able to get emails through the Verizon site and checked all settings on my devices. Called verizon tech support yesterday, after spending long time on phone, I was told Apple apps and some Verizon servers are not compatible or not communicating. No solution. I am so annoyed. Can anyone help? I noted someone had att help solve the problem which is also my cell provider. Did not quite understand what att did. My other option, unless someone resolves, is drop the Verizon email. If there is an issue, the corporations should be solving problems on their own systems for the consumer. Yesterday Verizon made it my problem.
0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Got an email on my iPad 2 at 9:25 am today

See att. for my settings.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Went to apple iPhone 5 Forum Took Ann154 advice

Turned off my iPhone 5 COMPLETELY

Turned it back ON

Received emails from my VZ acct IMMEDIATELY

Did not have to change any other Settings.

0 Likes