is spamdetector.notcaught a joke?
nospamsam
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forward every spam that gets through to spamdetector.notcaught.  Within a day, I'll get the very same email back in my inbox.  Do they do anything with the spams that we forward or did they just set the email address up to humor us?

0 Likes
Re: is spamdetector.notcaught a joke?
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

are you forwarding the entire message to
spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net or just the sender's email?

0 Likes
nospamsam
Enthusiast - Level 2

the entire email

0 Likes
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

Ok. You probably already took these steps, but just to cover all the bases regarding spam to be sure we don't miss anything.

When you get spam in your inbox, the first thing to do is check the box on that email and hit the "spam" button. This should create a rule in spam detector to look for that specific email address and either delete it automatically in the future or put it in the spamdetector folder, depending on how you have it configured. All this is done by the system, no actual technicians touch it. For the most part that should be the end of that. However, If you've done that, but those same emails are somehow still getting through the spamdetector, don't forward the entire message.  Email spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net with the email address of the spammer, and the techs will go in and manually setup a rule to stop the spam or escalate it if that fails.

VZ_Shawn
Contributor - Level 1

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@vz_ric wrote:

Ok. You probably already took these steps, but just to cover all the bases regarding spam to be sure we don't miss anything.

When you get spam in your inbox, the first thing to do is check the box on that email and hit the "spam" button. This should create a rule in spam detector to look for that specific email address and either delete it automatically in the future or put it in the spamdetector folder, depending on how you have it configured. All this is done by the system, no actual technicians touch it. For the most part that should be the end of that. However, If you've done that, but those same emails are somehow still getting through the spamdetector, don't forward the entire message.  Email spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net with the email address of the spammer, and the techs will go in and manually setup a rule to stop the spam or escalate it if that fails.

If they only want the address, then why does Verizon request the whole message?

@WHAT if I'm still receiving spam in my @verizon.net account?

@Although Spam Detector filters an overwhelming percentage of spam, some may be missed. If some spam makes it through our filters and into your @verizon.net account, please let us know. If you are a Spam Detector user and you receive a spam email, please forward the entire message, with full headers displayed, to spamdetector.notcaught@verizon.net.

Not to burst your bubble, but only sending them the address that appears in the From field won't help combat spam, as that can be very easily spoofed. (Not to mention typed incorrectly.) Need the whole enchilada for proper investigation.