Is there any way to keep my verizon.net E-mail address if I cancel my Internet service?
Fireborne
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any way to keep my verizon.net E-mail address if I cancel my Internet service?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there any way to keep my verizon.net E-mail address if I cancel my Internet service?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you sign up for Verizon Your Domain and link it to the address before you cancel it should remain active as long as you pay for VYD ($19.95/year).

View solution in original post

Re: Is there any way to keep my verizon.net E-mail address if I cancel my Internet service?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you sign up for Verizon Your Domain and link it to the address before you cancel it should remain active as long as you pay for VYD ($19.95/year).

kcw75023
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in a similar situation. We currently have FiOS and are moving to an area without Verizon coverage. We want to keep our verizon.net email addresses.  The Verizon Your Domain page says (under Membership Details):

-Available to High Speed Internet and FiOS customers only.
-Email linking unavailable for Verizon Yahoo and Verizon with Windows Live customers.

Obviously if we aren't Verizon customers, we won't have FiOS or High Speed Internet service.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@kcw75023 wrote:

I'm in a similar situation. We currently have FiOS and are moving to an area without Verizon coverage. We want to keep our verizon.net email addresses.  The Verizon Your Domain page says (under Membership Details):

-Available to High Speed Internet and FiOS customers only.
-Email linking unavailable for Verizon Yahoo and Verizon with Windows Live customers.

Obviously if we aren't Verizon customers, we won't have FiOS or High Speed Internet service.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks

You have to have the service to sign up for VYD (there has to be an initial account to link it to), but not to keep it. Note the line at the top that specifically says: Keep your email address, even if you switch providers.

zazzphone
Enthusiast - Level 2

The domain thing does work . . . sorta.  We went on sabbatical to Princeton from CA last year.  It took multiple calls to Verizon to figure out a solution for me to keep my email name for the year we were going to be gone.  After a half dozen people told me it could not be done, we got someone who could do it.  The thing a rep finally came up with was to get a domain.  So I paid the $20 and got the domain and it worked.  I got to keep my email name. The problem came when I went back to CA and re-established my Verizon internet.  Verizon refused to let me associate my email name back to my internet service and told me I would have to keep paying the $20 a year for the domain.  So stupid.  I spent literally dozens of hours with multiple reps in a ton of departments.  Talked to people all over the globe.  Everyone told me it was impossible to do. I was on hold and transferred so many times.   I got so frustrated I got heart palpitations and had to go into a yoga pose to calm down.  After a couple weeks of trying I thought of a way to get help.  I used the internet to look up names of Verizon VPs and searched for a private Verizon email for them.  I finally  got the email of a Verizon VP.  Sent him a quick email pretending I knew him (used his first name) and asked him to forward my problem to a person who could figure it out.  Suddenly I had a competent live person call me and it worked out. I did not even get put on hold.  The person said she would figure it out and call me back in a day, and she did.   So use the domain thing, but caution in thinking you can easily re-associate your email name if you reestablish Verizon internet service. 

FIOS-opiate

Here's a risky solution.  Cancel your old domain and immediately pick it up under your new service.  I'm guessing they put a hold on it for some period of time or something which may not allow this method to work.  I did this in the past with another online email account that expired due to me not checking it.  I was able to sign up again with the old name but all the old email were gone (new accct).  So back up all your emails, cancel, and then pick it back up  (hopefully) before someone else gets it.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

For others with the same question, the website verizon created for this question specifically is www.keepmyemail.com

elaineplenda

0 Likes
Timturtle

0 Likes
Milonr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is thie correct???

0 Likes