Re: Is there any way to keep my verizon.net E-mail address if I cancel my Internet service?
codydog1

I cancel my service for the 10th of Sept. But I need to keep my email address . Until I get to where I am moveing to ,In Ca. Mrs. Pamela {edited for privacy} my Email is{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
... keep my verizon.net E-mail address if I cancel - Use Interim Gmail
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@codydog wrote:

I cancel my service for the 10th of Sept. But I need to keep my email address . Until I get to where I am moveing to ,In Ca. Mrs. Pamela {edited for privacy} my Email is {edited for privacy}

Set up a Gmail account and simply have all your VZ mail forwarded to Gmail.  That will certainly take care of your issues until you get settled in your new situation.  This works because even though you may cancel your VZ services, your email account remains active for some time afterward.  BTW, consider using Gmail as your main address, and you will never have to worry in the future.

As long as you can stand the US government prying into your private affairs, that is.

0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to keep my verizon.net E-mail address if I cancel my Internet service?
pattimanke

I moved from California to Kansas and had to disconnect my FIOS because it's unavailable in Kansas.  I want to keep my verizon.net e-mail......please assist.

0 Likes
LFISHMAN63

0 Likes
stenger41

I would like to keep my e-mail address. iS THAT POSSIBLE? i FILLED OUT A FORM AND WAS DIRECTED HERE. nOT SURE WHY? iS IT POSSIBLE

0 Likes
kittens1

It does not seem we should have to make days of calls to get the emails we have saved in categories and addresses we can not duplicate from places we once lived while having had many years of verizon E mail. I would love to buy a domain but no one told me about that before my email became suspended. It is not mentioned on any verizon page for services and yet it had=s a deadline. I did not know that you could lose all things saved. The last thing you need when moving is to loose your only consistnt means of contact with many people for personal or business reasons. Further when you are moving you can not easily print the address book or specific emails.Movers packed the printer somewhere in the truck. Email is so important now it has become acceptable in court as evidence of satte of mind at the given moment. This is lost to people who actually own the messages, verizon customers.

0 Likes
... any way to keep my verizon.net E-mail address - Stop Relying On The "Other Guy"
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@kittens wrote:

... The last thing you need when moving is to loose your only consistnt means of contact with many people ... Email is so important ... This is lost to people who actually own the messages ...

If you rely on your ISP to store your personal information, and later decide to drop that ISP, you must answer for the consequences.  You will probably lose your "stuff."

Much better is to use one of the many good (and free) email domains online and never have to worry about xxx@comcast, , xxx@verizon,  or xxx@anything_else.

Even better, do what most experienced users do.  Use a stand-alone email client (there are many free versions) so that your mail resides where it should:  on your own computer.

0 Likes
Raj20906

0 Likes
Re: ... keep my verizon.net E-mail address if I cancel - Use Interim Gmail
kaytabor30
Enthusiast - Level 3
Silver Contributor V

... keep my verizon.net E-mail address if I cancel - Use Interim Gmail [ New ]

@codydog wrote:

I cancel my service for the 10th of Sept. But I need to keep my email address . Until I get to where I am moveing to ,In Ca. Mrs. Pamela {edited for privacy} my Email is {edited for privacy}

Set up a Gmail account and simply have all your VZ mail forwarded to Gmail.  That will certainly take care of your issues until you get settled in your new situation.  This works because even though you may cancel your VZ services, your email account remains active for some time afterward.  BTW, consider using Gmail as your main address, and you will never have to worry in the future.

As long as you can stand the US government prying into your private affairs, that is.

Good viewing from "The Garden State"
... when someone helps, click "Thumbs Up" to give "Kudos" ... when an answer works, click "Accept as Solution"

Armond,

verizon hands over your imformation to the nsa. everyone is being watched
0 Likes
major3

No not at this time,  We have already moved comcast into the home.  This was do to the price that Verizon wouldn,t

help to met a much lower cost.

0 Likes