Is this a legitimate email from Verizon or is it a scam?
Barry11816

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

This is our third attempt to contact you as we noticed that you still have not updated your Email Server settings. We urge you to make changes to all your devices now as Verizon is beginning to implement changes that may cause interruption to your service if you neglect to make the required modifications.

Please use our quick guided setup at verizon.com/emailassist or the quick overview below to manually make changes:

ServerCurrent SettingNew SettingSSL EnabledPort
POP3 Serverincoming.verizon.netpop.verizon.netYES995
SMTP Serveroutgoing.verizon.netsmtp.verizon.netYES465

TIPS:

• For iOS, Android devices - Ensure Authentication method is set to "Password"
  • For all tablets and mobile devices - Restart your device after making the changes    

Note – There are no setting changes when accessing verizon.net email via myverizon/webmail.

If you need additional assistance in updating your settings, you may:

• Visit verizon.com/emailsettings for a general overview and step by step instructions
  • Use our In-Home Agent tool, if installed on your computer
  • Vist our online forum at forums.verizon.com for additional information

To verify the validity of this email, please sign into your myverizon.com account and click on "Announcements" under the "Verizon" tab at the bottom of the webpage.

Thank you for being a valued Verizon customer.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is this a legitimate email from Verizon or is it a scam?
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Barry11816 wrote:

This is our third attempt to contact you as we noticed that you still have not updated your Email Server settings. We urge you to make changes to all your devices now as Verizon is beginning to implement changes that may cause interruption to your service if you neglect to make the required modifications.

Please use our quick guided setup at verizon.com/emailassist or the quick overview below to manually make changes:

TIPS:

• For all tablets and mobile devices - Restart your device after making the changes    

Note – There are no setting changes when accessing verizon.net email via myverizon/webmail.

• Visit verizon.com/emailsettings for a general overview and step by step instructions

To verify the validity of this email, please sign into your myverizon.com account and click on "Announcements" under the "Verizon" tab at the bottom of the webpage.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

These are the correct settings.  The email is from Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Barry11816 wrote:

TIPS:

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

These are the correct settings.  The email is from Verizon.

0 Likes
Ca77andra1

I received the email and a recorded phone message.  But there is no announcement in my account.

When does this change?  Why is it so vague?  Why do I have to come here to see the details?  Why isn't it given in the email? 

I really don't want to mess around with my settings until the time comes.

0 Likes
memendizabal1

These settings do not work I have been without email access for about 3 months and this is the stupid solution that is provided.? The same idiotic solution that has been posted for years, with outdated instructions?

I am about to switch carriers; I have been with verizon for over 20 years, I think its time for a change.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Vague??  QUite explicit.  And the settings are only about a year old.  If you really are leaving, it won't matter.  But if you want assistance from your peers here give us info on your specific device or client email program.   If you use the Yahoo interface let us know. Give us all your settings that you can't get working except the personal ones (userid/password/etc).  Except for one old unsupported email client and some Yahoo to Outlook 2003 problems, I think all the others have solutions.

0 Likes