Re: Unable to view emails / problems with login
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Forums did the same thing when they came back on line ... starting prompting for user information, but didn't recognize the valid credential.  A half hour or so later it finally started recognizing the user info.

0 Likes
spfrank

Sorry, XuhQshinR. It is NOT "fixed now" for me and I suspect many, many others, given the flurry of posts that continue to pour into this forum!

0 Likes
flymaac

Verizon e-mail has been INOP in Southern California for hours and hours. Glad it's not just me!!

0 Likes
Re: June 28 Email Outage: Can't receive email - Server down?
KayBeeinNeedham

Website offers no info on outage. Had to log onto Forums to find out about it. And that's after spending 1 hour on hold. Thanks a lot, Verizon!

0 Likes
DickMoran

My e-mail just came back up. 9:41 PM in Maryland.

DM

0 Likes
ReginaNY

Transcript of chat session - They never really got the point:

Deepak: Thank you for contacting Verizon DSL Technical Support. My name is Deepak and I am the technical support analyst assigned to help you. Please stay online for a few moments while I review the information generated by your trouble ticket.
Deepak: Thank you for staying online.
Deepak: As I understand, you are not able to login to your Verizon email account. Is that right?
: Yes, that is right
: From what it sounds like, everyone is having Verizon issues. Do you have an ETA for restoring service?
Deepak: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Customers attempting to access the Verizon.net portal or Verizon.net e-mail services are currently unable to do so due to an outage in verizon central servers.
Deepak: Engineers have been engaged and are still working toward resolution.
: And how long will that take? It has been since 4:00 pm.
Deepak: However, I would request you to please try to login to verizon central right now if you still get the error message with failed login.
: It cannot connect either through my email or the Internet.
Deepak: Thank you very much.
Deepak: I would request you to wait for some more time.
: I do have some important work that needs to be done by email tonight. How can I retrieve mail that is waiting for me to review?
Deepak: I would like to inform you that once the email server starts working, your email will come into your verizon account and email client if you use.
: That is not the point. I have work to do tonight that involves me getting emails that have been sent this afternoon. How do I retrieve those now?
Deepak: I would like to inform you that the emails which have been sent before the server outage, will reach you once the outage is resolved.
Deepak: However, the emails which have been sent at the time of outage will bounce back to the senders.
: This does not help one doing business. It has been 5 1/2 hrs now.

0 Likes
JGordon24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured I'd chime in as well from Tampa, FL. Haven't had email access for hours.

Good thing people don't run businesses through Verizon email services. That'd be quite terrible to not be able to reach anyone or be reached... (sigh)

0 Likes
IchthusAg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still out here in North Texas!

0 Likes
ilovemaui1

Appears to be a nationwide issue.  No email in Oregon.Smiley Mad

0 Likes
sheshechic

Still out in VA. It's driving me up a wall since I have more than one email account and use Outlook. The dang Outlook popup requesting password is driving me crazy. AND I do use these emails for business.

During the past half hour I've sent out test messages. I also logged into 2 of my email accounts (out of 4) those two accounts are now allowing the test message through but instead of one it's now 2-6 messages.

0 Likes