Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Large Attachments

ChillyWilly
Contributor
Contributor

Large Attachments

Message 1 of 6
(1,712 Views)

I've been trying to send a friend a mp3 file but get a message saying it's "too large to upload more than 8000kb" even in zip file. So is there a way to adjust the e-mail settings to increase and allow these type of files. ?  I have in fact been able to receive the same type and size files but , cannot send.

5 REPLIES 5
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Large Attachments

Message 2 of 6
(1,705 Views)

Consider using a service like

https://www.yousendit.com/

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

IrvingR
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Receiving Large Attachments

Message 3 of 6
(1,584 Views)

Is there an upper limit to the size of a file to be received as an attachment.  I am expecting a file of less then 14 GB from a correspondent in Washington State who can transmit them but I never receive them. Neither of us receives an error notice.

Thanks Irving

Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 6
(1,572 Views)

Verizon email has two size limits

If you are using webmail   the size limit is 8

If you are using a third party client like outlook, it should be about 20mb 

somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 5 of 6
(1,563 Views)

@IrvingR wrote:

Is there an upper limit to the size of a file to be received as an attachment.  I am expecting a file of less then 14 GB from a correspondent in Washington State who can transmit them but I never receive them. Neither of us receives an error notice.

Thanks Irving

Your problem is most likely the quota on your mailbox. Primary accounts get 2 gigs, and subs only get 250 meg. Since the attachment in question is over the allowable size for an entire Verizon inbox, it would be rejected.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
scottydog
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Large Attachments

Message 6 of 6
(1,540 Views)

Use email software such as windows live mail or Mozilla Thunderbird. When you do this, it increases your per email size to 20MB each.  Verizon email servers will automatically do this only if you use client email software.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title