Loss of email notices of triggered motion detection from surveillance system
cipollosj

I have a SWANN video surveillance system connected to my network that has worked flawlessly for for the 2 years I've had the system. A feature is to send email notices of triggered motion detection. On or about May 12, 2015, the email notification ceased. See the attached for the email set-up per manual instructions. SSL enabled, Port 465, etc. Gmail account is used for notification. Gmail Access for less secure apps is enabled. SwannView Link mobile app works flawlessly on Windows and mobile device, so it appears it is port forwarded configured correctly for network access. I tried all Swann technical suggestions and they finally said to contact Verizon about the issue for possible resolution. Thanks.image

0 Likes
Re: Loss of email notices of triggered motion detection from surveillance system
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you are using a gmail address,  What are you seeing there.  Does your email setup match what GMAIL says.  Verizon settings would have no bearing since you are not setting up for Verizon servers.

Remember you are talking to peers.

What VERIZON or other router are you using.  Some routers may require you to open port 465.  Note that Verizon network normally only blocks port 25.

0 Likes
Re: Loss of email notices of triggered motion detection from surveillance system
cipollosj

TNS_2,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've followed all the Swann`s tech suggestions. They suggested that I configure Gmail to accept apps and enabele POP. I created a new Gmail account, used my Verizon email account, tried port 587, never used 25 as 465 was configured originally and worked for 2 years before it stopped and is configured currrently to 465, SSL enabled. I currently have the G1100 router. The Swann DVR was always connected to a Motorola wi-fi router, configured with a static IP address. So as far as I can see, there were no changes on my side. 

Video recording of motion detection is working well, no problem there.

The Swann View Link app I use works on my pc, smartphone and tablet, so I'm accessing the DVR through my network and remotely.

I'm at a loss why the email notification function is not working.

Went through the DVR manual to see if I missed something but configuration was spot on, as it was form the beginning.

Assistance and suggestions are appreciated.

hit me with questions and I'll see if I can answere them.

Thanks.

0 Likes